Sync all notes in local cache

maver144
Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Idea

Recently, I've downloaded Evernote for my new instance of Windows. Since I use Evernote for years, I have many notes. I realized that notes are downloaded on-demand when I try to access them. For some of my notes, the process is very slow. I would prefer to have the option to download all my notes and cache them locally to have immediate access. Waiting for each note to load for a few seconds is very annoying when I'm not sure in which note I got to find what I need.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution
10 hours ago, maver144 said:

Recently, I've downloaded Evernote for my new instance of Windows. Since I use Evernote for years, I have many notes. I realized that notes are downloaded on-demand when I try to access them. For some of my notes, the process is very slow. I would prefer to have the option to download all my notes and cache them locally to have immediate access. Waiting for each note to load for a few seconds is very annoying when I'm not sure in which note I got to find what I need.

Another possibility is that you're experiencing the widely (universally, really) reported fact that notes now must be converted to the new RTE/sync structure, which usually adds a few seconds to each note's opening time. Please forgive me, but is it necessary to examine multiple notes? Won't a sophisticated search find what you're looking for?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The desktop clients for Windows and Mac have a local database, which can be used offline.

First check if the option is selected in the app settings, Keep a local copy on my device. Usually this should be selected by default.

Large databases with a lot of notes and attachments need quite a while to download. Keep the app open, running in the background to allow it to continue downloading. You can check in the task manager if there is still network traffic while you don't actively use the app. Then the download is still ongoing.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Another possibility is that you're experiencing the widely (universally, really) reported fact that notes now must be converted to the new RTE/sync structure, which usually adds a few seconds to each note's opening time. 

I've been a subscriber since 2008, but I may finally be reaching the end of the road w.Evernote.  I have some notes that take a minute to convert if that's what's going on.  VERY annoying, and I'm on a very fast PC with gigabit Internet.  Is it possible to tell Evernote on  initial setup to cache AND convert all notes locally so I don't have to wait for each note to sync & convert as I access them individually?

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, Monofurioso said:

Is it possible to tell Evernote on  initial setup to cache AND convert all notes locally so I don't have to wait for each note to sync & convert as I access them individually?

No.

You can make this suggestion via a support ticket.

11 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Another possibility is that you're experiencing the widely (universally, really) reported fact that notes now must be converted to the new RTE/sync structure, which usually adds a few seconds to each note's opening time. Please forgive me, but is it necessary to examine multiple notes? Won't a sophisticated search find what you're looking for?

Search is not always a solution since I often put screens of slides from various sources into notes, but thanks for the suggestion.