I've been plagued for several weeks with update notices, usually at least once a day, sometimes more often. Today I checked my installed version is 10.57.5. The latest update is also 10.57.5. However, Evernote still wants me to update. How do I stop this annoying deluge of seemingly unnecessary update notifications? I'm running Mac Ventura 13.4 on a MacBook Pro with an M1 chip.

• Level 5*

Evernote releases its updates over a period of weeks since they have millions of users.  To jump the queue,  just download and install the latest version directly from Evernote.com

• Like 1
19 hours ago, gazumped said:

Evernote releases its updates over a period of weeks since they have millions of users.  To jump the queue,  just download and install the latest version directly from Evernote.com

I don't want to jump the queue. I want Evernote to leave me alone until it's really time for me to update. I expect Evernote to know the latest update which is available for me, w/e I am in the queue. I expect it to not bother me unless there is a newer version for me than the one I currently have AND when I tell Evernote to update it will actually install that newer version. Is that too much to ask?

• Level 5

Actually we don’t care.

If we tell there may be a fix, and you say you wait for the milk van to reach your flat, we don’t object.

Just don’t return here to tell there was a fix, and you weren’t the first to get it. Milk vans run their route, you know.

37 minutes ago, EricGregMiller said:

I expect it to not bother me unless there is a newer version for me than the one I currently have AND when I tell Evernote to update it will actually install that newer version.

It's supposed to work that way and works that way for me -- except for one time where I was in a similar situation as you. I got stuck in some endless cycle which seems to be going on here. The only way out of it for me seemed to be to manually download the latest update and apply it. Then it worked as normal.

• 1 month later...

Is it me, or is Evernote broken. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and it takes FOREVER to log in (if I can). Also, it is super slow with search results. And I try to switch between my Evernote accounts, forget about it! It would let me switch accounts. It's terrible!!!! It has been stuck on the sign on screen for over 15 mins. I will now need to close it down and try to sign on again. PLEASE FIX!!!! 

image.thumb.png.4342f5bed69f9aaacbee9fb71a82425d.png

This is the version I am currently running. But it was an issue back with 10.58.6. But if I uninstall and reinstall an older version it works fine. But Evernote automatically updates and it starts to bog down and become unusable. 

image.thumb.png.d70e879e69b6a7a899a188837208e322.png

Ah!!!! So I was originally thinking it was the app, but now I'm wonder if the issue is on Evernote's side. Look at the error message below. This could explain why it is so difficult to log in or to switch accounts. Come on Evernote, let's get this fixed. 

image.thumb.png.5d2d677b5d4ca40d078c74d5f5b07799.png

And yes, I have an excellent Internet connection in case you were wondering. 

image.thumb.png.8ef0ece7bb13e4a7749a47eba2a50793.png

• Level 5

You likely have a damaged local database. To me it looks as if you installed from the AppStore.

You should first uninstall this version. Then purge the local database. It’s located here if you had installed from the AppStore:

~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data

The symbol at the beginning is you Mac user name.

Then restart the Mac. Now download from the EN website - don’t use the AppStore version again. It is known to give headaches, due to the execution of the app in a sandbox. Install, log in.

Working ?

• Like 1