Sharing notes brings up 2 email adressess. How do I delete them.

Hi

I use the share notes to send myself notes that go to my google calender. Everytime I share a note the same 2 email adresses come up. I want to delete them, but cant find where they are store.

I called the help desk but they can answer it.

Screenshot_20230511-113838_Evernote.jpg

• Evernote Expert

First of all welcome. I would strongly urge you to remove the image or obscure the Email addresses to avoid spam or other unhelpful attention.

I don't think it is possible to remove the Email addresses. Just type the full Email that you want to use.

• Level 5

Can only tell for iOS and Mac: In iOS settings for EN I can enable access to Apple Contacts. On the Mac, Legacy is listed in Contacts access, v10 is not, but on trying it has access to Contacts as well. If it saves some mail contacts independently I can’t see.

I think it usually draws from the Contacts app that is installed by the user. I have no idea if they have a local address book somewhere - there is no hint about it in the documentation AFAIK.

This is a pain in the butt. I've worked with several people who have changed email over the last 10 years and when I start to type their name a list of emails come up. Those contacts are not in my Apple Contact file and I can't see where EN is pulling this info, it has to be in here somewhere.

Does anyone know if there is a file created and stored in any of the application files in library? And, if it is if I delete that file, then shut down restart would it automatically create a new one blank? if not I'd have to get it opened and erase the old addresses.

This seems so fundamental, every other cloud program I use lets you do this.  Hope there is a work around, difficult or not.

David

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, DTrahan said:

Does anyone know if there is a file created and stored in any of the application files in library?

Hi.  That would be Support I should think... subscribers here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or use the feedback option in the mobile client) 

• Level 5

One afterthought: Where names, phone numbers and email addresses are stored is on EN business cards. These are regular notes, but they hold fields for example with an email address, one per contact note.

I don’t think there is a separate data structure for these, but they are searchable and maybe come up when an email is to be send.

Maybe EN as well registers email contact data as well from notes created by sending emails to the account.

Thanks for that. I looked at my Business Card folder and its empty. I never got into the habit of scanning business cards. Today I don't have any cards. Working for several companies at the same time its hard to remember which one to hand out. I went to the dot card which automatically with a touch to an iPhone puts your info in the recipient's iPhone. For $20 its a good deal. Androids scan the QR code and it does the same. Ok enough for plugging dot card.

It might be those legacy names and emails are part of old shares now removed.

Thanks, David

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DTrahan said:

This is a pain in the butt. I've worked with several people who have changed email over the last 10 years and when I start to type their name a list of emails come up. Those contacts are not in my Apple Contact file and I can't see where EN is pulling this info, it has to be in here somewhere.

Are they coming from your contacts or Gmail?  If you have Google Calender or Files or mail attached?