Increase note size to handle multiple attachments for voice memos?

taylormhatchett

Idea

Hello!

Is there a better way for me to attach voice memos to my notes so I stop exceeding the 200mb limit? Or are there plans to increase the limit? My use case: I work in sales and often take voice memos or Zoom recordings of my meetings. I use one note per project so I can easily scroll and see its history. I like to bring in recordings in addition to notes under each new header in one note so I can keep everything in one place. Attached are examples.

It would be REALLY helpful if I could find a better way to accomplish this without hitting the limit/if there were a way to increase the limit and pay a higher rate.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.15.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.15.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.15.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.16.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.16.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.16.54 PM.png

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

The note size limit seems to annoy a few users, it has no relevance for most subscribers. Even on my secondary free account I find the monthly limit much more restrictive than the note limit. Why is this important ? Because we all pay for the upload, not for the storage. If the note size limit would be raised, I am pretty sure that a storage limit, or an additional fee would be needed. The few storage hogs would thus damage the user experience of the many.

For you case I see several solutions:

Store your audio files in Google Drive, link them up. 

When closing the limit, create a new note, and create a link between the two. You can seamlessly jump from one to the other, and the backlinks works in the opposite direction.

Use a master note for a project, maybe as a template with a logical structure, and link special notes to the master. If you use one note per audio file, you can attach pretty large audio files to your project note. One click takes you to the audio, if you need it. Your bonus: The master note is kept smaller, faster to access and edit.

• Like 1