Not sure if this started with the last update, but I only started seeing it 2-3 days ago.

When opening a note on my Android, they all open to the bottom of the note. Everything's fine when accessing via the web. Several of my notes are long, and having to scroll to the top every time (or search for a keyword at the top) is making the mobile version very difficult to use.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I have begun to see this in the Android app too, on some notes but not others, whether I open them from the recent notes from the Home page or from the Notes list or a notebook. There's a longer discussion of this on other Evernote platforms here:

You may want to report this to support: 3-line menu at bottom left > gear icon top right > Support.

• Like 1

I just started having it too as of today.  It is with one of the notes in my Shortcuts.

I thought it was because the note was too long so I took out a third of it, copied to a new note, added the new note to Shortcuts and took the older note out of Shortcuts.

Now both notes open at the bottom.

• Like 2

Hi all, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

We're actively working to identify the root cause here and resolve this issue. 

Best, 

Molly 

PS... I now have more notes that open at the bottom.  So far all are Shortcuts and of course they are all longer notes that requires at least a couple of swipes to scroll to the bottom.

• Level 5

I think I'm seeing it with practically every note that I open. Hope they get it figured out and fixed. I believe (I'm not sure) that the cursor is not placed at the very end of the note necessarily, but on the last screen of a note that requires scrolling through several screens. It's really odd. And it seems to be limited to the mobile apps, and not happening in the Web client or desktop apps.

Hello all,

I too am having the same problem— when I open a note, it opens at the bottom of the note. I use iOS and I’ve done the usual attempts/troubleshooting, including deleting the app and re-installing the app, etc.

Some of my notes are long, so getting to the top of the note means manually scrolling to the top of the note— cumbersome. One pseudo hack is to type a unique word at the top of the note, then, when the note automatically opens at the bottom of the note, use the “Find in note” function to jump to the unique word (which is at the top of the note).  

Not ideal, but it works as an alternative!

LLR 

I'm also experiencing the same issue when opening notes, the cursor goes to the bottom of the note and not at the top. 

Is there a setting somewhere that we can choose the option to start at the top?

• Level 5
On 5/27/2023 at 3:29 AM, agsteele said:

I think I saw a hoped for resolution in v10.58 although I've no idea when that might arrive.

That looks like a desktop app version no. Current Android is v. 10.51, and I think the problem is only happening in mobile apps.

• Like 1

Yup, same for me. Very irritating for long notes.  Would like to see some more testing before releasing versions to the general public.  Was almost going to bail on the platform until I saw that others were experiencing the same thing.  Hopefully, some lessons learned will come out of this.

• Like 1

Same issue for me, but on ALL notes, Samsung S21 Ultra with embedded Android. It causes big problems because my notes are quite long. I have tried to unistall the app and re-install it, the notes for a couple of minutes were opening again from the beginning at the uppest part, but after 2-3 minutes all notes were opening again from the end, very frustrating.

Ditto. I am seeing this bug (oening the note at the end) on all notes (that I have opened so far) in my Android mobile version, not on desktop. Just started with recent update.

Speaking of updates, I really love the improved  sync and parallel editing. MAJOR improvement for me. Almost the end of what used to be very painfully frequent note synch problems

• Like 3

Yep, experiencing the same issue here on Evernote Android version 10.51. Super annoying as I have numerous long notes that I use frequently, so I now look like a time wasting Insta/FB scroller when trying to be productive. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Latest report back to me from support WRT the ticket I opened on this: "Our development team is aware of this issue and hopes to have it resolved soon. I don’t currently have an exact timeline for when this will be addressed, but please know this is a priority for us to resolve as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for any updates and feel free to follow up with me if you continue to see this issue after the next few updates." Boilerplate, but at least it sounds like there's some urgency here.

I'm also having this issue on both Android and Windows Desktop clients after the last update.  A real pain in longer notes as in past versions of Evernote, the cursor always placed itself in the body of an existing note at the TOP - hence, I learned from experience to do dated note entries (like log entries) in reverse chronological order with the newest entry at the top, so I have years of notes in that format.  Hopefully, the issue can be addressed in future fixes allowing users to choose the default setting for this as they prefer.

Same issue for me - started recently - since update to 10.51.1 I think - Android on Google Pixel phone. I get for all notes - not just ones with shortcuts.

Logged a support ticket.

No new updated app versions available in Play store yet.

On 5/29/2023 at 5:14 AM, olow said:

I'm also experiencing the same issue when opening notes, the cursor goes to the bottom of the note and not at the top. 

Is there a setting somewhere that we can choose the option to start at the top?

Yes, there's an option, but it doesn't make any difference, so this is clearly a bug. Same issue for the last couple of weeks, I'm using Android.

On 6/5/2023 at 11:34 AM, Catrina said:

I'm also having this issue on both Android and Windows Desktop clients after the last update.  A real pain in longer notes as in past versions of Evernote, the cursor always placed itself in the body of an existing note at the TOP - hence, I learned from experience to do dated note entries (like log entries) in reverse chronological order with the newest entry at the top, so I have years of notes in that format.  Hopefully, the issue can be addressed in future fixes allowing users to choose the default setting for this as they prefer.

There does seem to be an option to open a note in the title or in the note, but the bug is causing the option to be ignored and always opening in the note, at the bottom.

• Level 5
10 hours ago, GrahameE said:

There does seem to be an option to open a note in the title or in the note, but the bug is causing the option to be ignored and always opening in the note, at the bottom.

Good catch! I find the same thing. It also doesn't matter whether Edit Protection is turned on or off.

• 3 weeks later...

Are we really still waiting for this fix > 1 month after it was reported?

Pretty poor that this got through testing before it was released anyway ("Test 1: Open note - look at it - is anything odd?")

...and I know software updates need to be planned very carefully...

...but to take over a month to release a fix to - and leave every Evernote user manically scrolling backwards in Every. Single. Note they open before they can do anything seems really really bad and a sure-fire way to annoy all your paying customers.

Has anyone heard anything from Evernote as to when this will be fixed?