Hello, I’m on a iPhone Pro Max 14 and I’m trying to print a note that a wrote up yesterday, and it’s showing as blank when a try to print. Only the name of the notebook and the word “Title” prints when I go ahead and print. The note is saved as “offline” if that makes a difference. Tried restarting the app and my phone but the problem persists. I am on version 10.51. Not having issues printing from other apps such as Word. Thanks for any help

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Thanks for posting - just tried and can reproduce the problem. It has nothing to do with offline notes, happens with notes from the server only as well.

As a nice twist to the issue: If the note holds Tasks, the tasks will show (in my test note 2 Tasks), but instead of the real task name it only says „Untitled Task“. 

Printing from iOS is broken - just issued a support ticket.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue here - blank note with generic title of ‘title’. i ‘think’ this started after the latest IOS update. I don’t print every day, but these last few days I’m now unable to print. Attempted troubleshooting - including: signing out of Evernote, rebooting, updating the firmware of the printer, absolutely nothing worked. 
Submitted a ticket. 

This just in from Evernote:

Skylar K. (Evernote Help and Learning)

Jun 5, 2023, 13:00 PDT

Hi There,

Thank you for contacting Evernote Customer Support. My name is Skylar, and I’ll be happy to help you today.

I understand that you are having issues when printing from the Evernote app on your device.

Upon checking, I can confirm that our development team is already aware of this issue and has been urgently working on it. I don’t have a specific timeframe of when this will be resolved, I can assure you we’re working diligently to fix it, but It will not be too long.

As a best practice, please also keep your Evernote software always updated, as most fixes are pushed out through software updates.

Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this to our attention. If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Skylar K.
Customer Support 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 2:06 AM, PinkElephant said:

Then check in app settings if your EN iOS app has really updated to 10.51.2 yet.

840A9D63-C944-4099-912E-C756116D788D.thumb.jpeg.15662370dfa78ccfe18ac2bb1941e95b.jpeg

@PinkElephant

Printing is solved in 10.51.2.    But tables are splitting in middle of the box between 2 pages. (Picture below)

Ipad print table cut.JPG

• Level 5

EN notes are small websites. They are continuous, not having pages. Tables are just a HTML formatting element. This means they will be split where a page ends in printing.

Pictures are recognized as „containers“ holding content. EN tries to keep them together and if necessary moves to the next page.

If you want full layout control, you need transfer the note to a word processing or page layout program, where you can place all elements on predefined pages.

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

EN notes are small websites. They are continuous, not having pages. Tables are just a HTML formatting element. This means they will be split where a page ends in printing.

Pictures are recognized as „containers“ holding content. EN tries to keep them together and if necessary moves to the next page.

If you want full layout control, you need transfer the note to a word processing or page layout program, where you can place all elements on predefined pages.

@PinkElephant

No, splitting of table in betweeen box (between a row) does not happen when exported as PDF from Windows. (Picture attached below)

In windows evernote export, if the table is more than 1 full page, then the table splits after "Row" (Box). Not in between "row" (Box).

In windows, when the table is small (not 1 full page), the table shifts to next page, without any breaks in table. (picture below)

So this is a problem of IOS evernote version. It is perfect in windows version.

table jumping.png

• Level 5

A pdf is what EN is not: A strictly page oriented format. The origins of the pdf format were the inability of Windows to provide the same print output of the same document on different computers. Page breaks for example were notorious to jump a row up or down.

So clever people invented the pdf format, which freezes the page Lay-out on one computer, and allows to transport it unchanged to another. The pdf  was from the beginning build for pages.

Printing a website, or an EN note (which essentially is a website) is something different. It means pressing a continuous format artificially on pages.

This thread is about printing on iOS. EN uses the iOS print engine. So basically you need to talk to Apple if you want this print engine improved. But of course, EN support will listen as well. This forum is user2user.