Customize toolbar in the new version of Evernote.

El Musleh

Idea

I moved recently from the legacy version of EN. In the new version, the toolbar is ignored. I used to rely on it to access quickly the shortcuts. Can you please bring the customization and add shortcuts again to the toolbar? Thanks!

Untitled.png

2023-05-22_21h57_10.png

2023-05-22_22h00_27.png

• Like 2

7 replies to this idea

If the toolbar is not customizable, it means I have to stare at the Cleanup AI button and spend energy making sure I don't click it by accident. I will move to another note-taking system - even if it means going back to Word documents.

The current Evernote version has no fonts that don't irritate me (life's too short for enduring a Calibri clone), my preferred note view option (square cards with no preview) disappeared some time ago, and now I have to be reminded constantly of the existential crisis created by generative AI. Unless I can remove this button from the toolbar and from the search options, the irritation of using Evernote outweighs the convenience of staying in it.

• Like 3

Can you at least get the tools in the toolbar to not systematically get slotted under the 'More' dropdown on the right of 'underline'. Many of us have extra wide screens and have space to see ALL options. Now they get unnecessarily truncated into the 'more' dropdown.

image.thumb.png.764588e2d6d1b08870c27fcfd87e47e6.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5

If you want to do yourself a favor, stop trying to convert v10 to a legacy clone.

It won't work (part of it because legacy Windows was a piece of outdated 32bit code, part of it because it ran itself so deep into complexity that nobody could maintain it in the end, which nearly killed EN as a company).

Ask for reasonable features, if you like - but expect YOU need (in general) to adapt to the way EN is working, not the other way. If you don't like it, leave.

image.thumb.png.0df0b15d9376f4c3a6cb22e7c112eb7d.png

• Level 5

Just go ahead and ask whatever you want. Anybody not having a „Staff“ on the badge is just another user, like me.

But we don’t need to agree, and just saying „how nice“ if in fact we have another view is not the way here.

I pointed you to shortcuts, and I have told my opinion that EN should be kept low complexity, because high complexity in the long run kills every software. My feeling is you want to mint v10 after legacy, and legacy (or better the crooked strategy behind it, if there was a strategy at all) is the main reason why we are where we are.

Better explore the possibilities. These you can use right away, while for feature requests you need to wait, often indefinitely.

Please clarify.  Are you telling us that we can no longer customize the toolbar with the latest version of Evernote?  This is very important to me and others.

Thanks

• Like 2