Problem with sending notes to Evernote via email

Karel Kilián

Idea

Hello,

I am writing to report an issue I have been experiencing today with sending notes to Evernote from my email inbox. Specifically, I have been sending notes from my Gmail to my Evernote mail address.

For many years, this method has worked flawlessly. However, today, none of the notes I sent using this approach have arrived in Evernote. In fact, I have even received some emails indicating that there was a problem with delivery, stating: "We were unable to deliver your message. The emailed note was received, but there was an error while processing it. Please try sending this note later."

The ability to send notes via email is crucial for me, and I rely on it heavily. Could you please assist me and provide guidance on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your attention, and I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,
Karel Kilián

6 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

Thanks for your post. Please, first of all, edit your post and remove your Email addresses.  You are inviting spammers and worse to bombard your Email address AND your Evernote account with junk Email.

Sending Emails to your Evernote account is a paid for service.  So I presume your subscription is up to date.  Could it have lapsed and you not have paid your renewal bill?

Failing that, there is a process at the Evernote end to check that the incoming Emails are legitimate.  In the past I had to get the support team to fix a setting at the server side.

So if your subscription is up to date then use your ability as a subscriber to open a support ticket direct with Evernote.  But please, first, remove your Email addresses in your post.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your response. I have removed the email addresses, and I appreciate you informing me.
I currently have an active Evernote Plus plan, which is paid up until July 30, 2023.
The issue I'm encountering is that, as an Evernote Plus user, I am unable to submit support requests, if I understand correctly. I was directed to this discussion forum instead.

Have a great day.
Karel Kilian

Hrmm. This is quite the quandary. I think you are correct in that it looks like the Plus plan does not have access to paid support. (At least from this older help document is shows no checkbox in the "chat live with Evernote support": https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005157-Compare-Evernote-subscription-plans)

As a possible work-around/fix, you could try resetting the email address that you send to and update your Gmail to send to that new one that is created instead.

In the Account Summary page in the online settings

image.png.ee8bc2f44e0eb9a2ed702a6f4a6a036d.png

There is this 'Reset' button:

image.png.5e00a2c51a7e73112b7b846b63f3bec6.png

• Evernote Expert

I was sure that the tech support option was available to Plus users. Indeed it would be perverse to suggest that you came to these forums since this is an issue which requires help from the support team.

I would try and see if you can get a ticket opened if @Boot17's suggestion doesn't work.

• Level 5

Tech support should be available for Plus users - just the Support Chat option starts with the grandfathered Premium, and up.

It is not clearly mentioned in the "Compare plans" document, but Chat is mentioned as a distinction:

image.thumb.png.2dc0990fc56faea179162c00c4a23289.png

image.thumb.png.b8bac180f3488ba5568f068d41c33b98.png

If it doesn't work, I would open a support ticket, ticket type account and ask if support is available for my subscription level. Ticket type "Account" is even available for Free users:

Thank you all very much for your advice. It was a misunderstanding on my part. Indeed, as an Evernote Plus user, I am able to submit a support ticket, so I have the option to contact support. Consequently, I have already submitted my problem there.

Once again, thank you all very much! Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Karel Kilian

• Like 1