Is there any way to freeze the top row of a table?

I think this could be a useful feature but I wonder if it could be implemented in a good way... or I guess I wonder how it could be implemented. With excel, the "table" takes up the whole main part of the page. Everything is all about that one table on that one sheet. It's easy to know what to scroll... everything but the top XX fixed rows. With Evernote, you could have multiple tables on one note mixed in with text, images, attachments, tasks, etc... And tables don't need to take up the whole page... it's harder to know how/when to scroll it.

@scottr99 Are there any examples of other software like Evernote (that are non-spreadsheet based) that have tables with fixed rows that you can think of -- where you can also have multiple objects on the same page with the table(s)?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 8:51 PM, Boot17 said:

I think this could be a useful feature but I wonder if it could be implemented in a good way... or I guess I wonder how it could be implemented. With excel, the "table" takes up the whole main part of the page. Everything is all about that one table on that one sheet. It's easy to know what to scroll... everything but the top XX fixed rows. With Evernote, you could have multiple tables on one note mixed in with text, images, attachments, tasks, etc... And tables don't need to take up the whole page... it's harder to know how/when to scroll it.

@scottr99 Are there any examples of other software like Evernote (that are non-spreadsheet based) that have tables with fixed rows that you can think of -- where you can also have multiple objects on the same page with the table(s)?

Hi @Boot17 I don't know of any.  Along this idea, however, I was thinking that an easy fix would be to make freezable the note heading/title area. I've always wondered why EN made that part of the scroll anyway.