Trouble with Recurring Tasks (and tasks in general) since the introduction of 'collaborative' editing

Hello, I am using recurring tasks in Evernote MAC (10.56.9). 

Very often, when I mark a recurring task as completed, it will grey out, a banner will appear saying it's been rescheduled to a new date, and it appears to move to that new date. 

THEN about 5-10 seconds later, if will be removed from the future date, and placed back the todo list for today. 

This makes it impossible to actually complete the task, and I end up having to delete it and add it again.   (VERY ANNOYING).

I often use my Mac & iPhone interfaces through out the day, and I'm not sure if one app is in a race condition with the other, but it has RUINED the task experience in Evernote. 

This started happening after the introduction of collaborative editing, and during the Beta of that Features. 

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

What can I do to fix it?

Updated Topic adding video of this behavior .   I click complete, the task reschedules, some 20-30 seconds pass, and task get reset to the prior state of incomplete and overdue. 

I had a similar problem with the Windows app (  task constantly syncing) ;  solved with

1. be sure to have all your notes synced (  with EN web)
  2. open task manager :CTRL+SHIFT+ESC 
  3. select any Evernote process and end it 
  4. open Windows explorer 
  5. typr %appdata% in the address bar 
  6. find Evernote folder and delete it 
  7. relaunch Evernote 

it worked for me 

• Level 5
On 5/16/2023 at 7:08 PM, Claudiofpiga said:

I had a similar problem with the Windows app (  task constantly syncing) ;  solved with

1. be sure to have all your notes synced (  with EN web)
  2. open task manager :CTRL+SHIFT+ESC 
  3. select any Evernote process and end it 
  4. open Windows explorer 
  5. typr %appdata% in the address bar 
  6. find Evernote folder and delete it 
  7. relaunch Evernote 

it worked for me 

I completely deleted Evernote from my Mac, but this did not help. All my notes containing reoccurring tasks change their "Last Updated" date every few minutes and always appear on top of the notes list when sorting for 'Last Updated'. This is annoying.

Hi Guys,  I;'ve had exactly the same problem.  It's driving me crazy and making me want to go back to Todoist to organise my tasks.  Recurring tasks initally worked well within evernote but ever since this recurring glitch it's useless. I keep hoping the next update will fix it but not yet

I've had the problem listed by OP one time and I've also had another similar problem with tasks that I didn't have before RTE -- The note that the task is attached to is updating itself once (?) a day -- the updated date on the note changes -- even though I have not changed anything about the note or the task. (The task isn't even due for a couple of months.)

In both cases, manually making a new copy of the task and deleting the "old" task fixed it for me.

• Thanks 1

I am having the same problem exactly as described. It is wasting my time and very frustrating. Recurring tasks have become a nuisance rather than a time saver. I should not have to come with a work around such as creating a new task to replace the old one. 

I'm not even using recurring tasks. Just a normal task. I check it to mark it done. Evernote says "All changes saved" then it reverts the task to unchecked. I am on a MacBook Pro 14-inch, 2023 running Ventura 13.3.1 (a).

10.57.5-mac-mas-public (459854)
Editor: v169.1.20965
Service: v1.68.4

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I still, though rarely, see this as well.  Somewhere I read that Evernote was in the process of updating their task sync.  I assumed this to be different from RTE which is already implemented.  Does anyone know the status of this?  Maybe I was hallucinating 🙂 .