Can't add files from Google Drive

I tried today to add files from Google Drive using the Insert->Google Drive menu option, but all I got was an empty popup window (presumably, that's where the contents of my Google Drive would be displayed) that closed after a few seconds. I saw a thread in the General Discussions section about this same thing reported by @DaJoLo over a year ago, and that he'd submitted a support ticket (#3504748), but there was no indication of any resolution.

Does anyone know how this played out, or if the issue was ever resolved? This is the first time I've ever tried to use this feature; it would be really handy if it worked.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

P.S. BTW, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and version 10.56.9 of the desktop app.

• Level 5*

Hi. Are you logged into Google Drive?  My WIndows 11 / EN 10.56.9 setup adds files seamlessly with options to view the link as text (ie a conventional blue link) or "title" (the box icon).

Yes, definitely logged in. I even disconnected and reconnected thru Settings->Connected Apps to be certain of a fresh connection. Then I turned off my VPN and rebooted my laptop. All to no avail.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, DaveM said:

Yes, definitely logged in.

Standard Windows techie fixes then,  I think - sign out of Evernote & back in;  if that don't fix it,  sign out of windows,  power off and start over.

• Evernote Expert

Just found time to check and the Google Drive stuff works well for me.

I wonder if you've tried a full uninstall using the Revo Uninstaller for Windows. I suspect that you probably have from a contribution you made in a different thread but just in case...

FWIW, this feature works when using the Android mobile app on my phone. Also works perfectly using the Web client. Just the desktop app giving me problems.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 running an up-to-date version of Windows 10 Home. It came configured with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. No DIY additions have been made.