Waiting for Evernote to start, after today's update

w8rn8r
Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

After today's update, I'm sitting looking at the elephant with the green circle revolving around it ... at least 5 minutes now, no indications of a possible end to this.

I'd recently noticed that my current version is a beta one; how can I convert back to standard? (assuming the above is related to the beta version only ...)

Windows: Version 22H2 (Build 22621.1702)

Evernote: when I created this note, Evernote wasn't responding to anything. Since then, it has recovered; now, it reports:

10.56.9-win—ddl-public (4080)
Editor: V 168.1.20898
Service: V 1.68.4

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

10.56.9 isn't a beta release. If you want to be certain then you can uninstall the application from your computer.

If you decide to do this, use an uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller which will clear out any corrupted files.

Then download the latest application from https://evernote.com/download and reinstall a clean version.

I seem to recall that a few days before that recent upgrade, Evernote had told me that it was a beta release - perhaps wrt/ some specific components, I don't recall details. Anyway, the problem has been overcome, it was just that really long time that the upgrade had me waiting that made me think something had gone astray.