Keyboard shortcut in polish language (alt+s, alt+n) not working after installation of evernote for windows

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Hello,

I found the following problem. After installation of Evernote on windows 11, the standard shortcuts for 2 polish letters that are common to use (alt+s and alt+n) are not working. Instead of writing standard polish letter alt+n open new Evernote note page and alt+s open windows screenshot. I was searching for a solution on the web but couldn't find anything that would work. Today I did a test and uninstalled Evernote and the problem disappeared immediately. So, I tried installing it once again and everything came back. Do anyone else had similar problems and have solution how to resolve it?

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

These keystrokes are normally set to Ctrl+Alt+N/S but still seem to trigger with the Alt+N/S  I suggest that you either reset the keystrokes in the Evernote shortcuts or disable them altogether in Evernote Ctrl+/ will open the keyboard shortcuts in Evernote.

• Level 5

This was an issue when v10 launched more than 2 years ago. EN made the shortcuts editable as a consequence.

Open the shortcuts overview (keyboard symbol bottom left). In the shortcuts list search for a shortcut that gives you problems. Hover with the mouse pointer over it, don’t click. A symbol with 3 points will show to the left (!) of the shortcut. There is a short menu: Select edit shortcut, and change it to a combination you want.

If no handle appears, the shortcut can’t be edited.

• 1 month later...

Desktop 10.58.5 - despite of paying for subscription (Evernote Plus) and I can change only one shortcut! AltGr+S  or AltGr+N. To change/disable the second one, ask me to pay additional 10 dollars. There is no option to block shortcuts globally. I cannot really work on the computer with installed Evernote!
It's not fair that despite paying subscription, I have to pay extra to disable a feature that I never needed and that doesn't allow me to use my computer normally with one of the standard Windows build in keyboards (this is the most common keyboard for Polish language, used by millions of users).