Old PDF not showing in the note

zia_khurshid

Idea

Hi there,

I had a very important PDF that I had kept as a note in 2017. Since then, I didn't revisit the note since now (after 6 years). Now the PDF is not visible, and the note is totally blank but the thumbnail of the PDF is still there just like any attached image. I don't know why it is happening but the document is very important to me. Please tell me a solution to retrieve the PDF. Same thing is happening for mobile and desktop.

image_2023-05-05_232541194.png

3 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

We saw this or a similar issue some time back. The work around was to export the note to an ENEX file. Then reimport the ENEX into Evernote. If the imported note is good then delete the broken version.

Alternatively you can access the note history available to subscribers and recover an earlier note version with the PDF.

Hi there, 

We use evernote with a group (~10 people), mostly through evernote web (v5.33.0 it seems). We have had the issue reported here pop up in multiple notes over the last few weeks. The note title & content displayed in the scrollbar/thumbnail shows the current version of the note (AFAIK), but if you click the note you are shown a blank note. The workaround mentioned by @agsteele is unpractical, since this would mean we revert a number of notes every day. Is there something we can do to our clients to avoid these issues? I see here 

that is is recommended to keep your clients up to date. Does this mean we should tick the box in personal settings to use v10.+ even for Evernote Web?