Evernote for Mac will not sync (notes, tasks, etc.)

Has anyone run into an issue with Evernote for Mac failing to sync? I have restarted my macbook (running Big Sur Version 11.7.6) and deleted / re-downloaded the latest version of Evernote for Mac (see the screenshot of my About Evernote window attached).

If I write a new note the app seems to work, but nothing I do can get it to sync with the web version. If I open my Tasks tab there is an endless "(syncing...)" note and if I try to mark a task as complete the error message pops up. This issue has persisted across multiple functioning wifi networks and various laptop restarts.

I use evernote for everything - please help!

Thank you

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 9.44.13 AM.png

• Level 5*
On 5/4/2023 at 9:47 AM, Kitchen Sync said:

If I open my Tasks tab there is an endless "(syncing...)" note

I had the same issue on my Mac.  A reinstall also did not fix it. The fix for me was to log out, and then when it asks if you want to keep your data, say no.  You want it to download a new copy from the server.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
Just now, PinkElephant said:

Has anybody of you tried to log out of the client, quit it, restart it and log back in ?

Just a logout didn’t work for me.  I had to let the server reinstall the database.  That was the key part.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
Just now, Kitchen Sync said:

Thanks @s2sailor. I did try logging out, but had opted to keep my data. The issue seems to have resolved spontaneously overnight but I'll keep that in mind for next time. 

Glad it’s working again.  Maybe I wasn’t patient enough 🙂.

• Level 5

Probably performance suffers (or even stops) when the switch over of the databases is made on the server. Luckily I have not experienced any impact, so probably they did it for me while I was occupied with other things.

Well, it seems to work better now. But Evernote for Mac behaves differently than it used do. Hard to describe. Maybe it is because of the new 'Collaborative Editing' feature, that has just been enabled for me.