I am also having problems with export to pdf. It worked until I upgraded to version 10.56.8. I'm using a Mac with Ventura 13.3.1 (a)

Edited by perthhutch
forgot OS details

Ongoing pdf export problems also here. When one bug gets fixed, another rises. After 10.56.8. (Windows) update, all content is shifted to the left, outside the page, when exporting to pdf 😕

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, perthhutch said:

problems with export to pdf

I deleted your other post on this (please don't post the same issue twice),  so I'll repeat the answer I left there - has anyone tried printing to PDF?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I deleted your other post on this (please don't post the same issue twice),  so I'll repeat the answer I left there - has anyone tried printing to PDF?

Printing to pdf works (...but has some other issues).

• Level 5*

But I must confess that 'export to PDF' does not immediately suggest to me that the file should be in searchable format, and -as I just said- it's a matter of personal choice and a very quick fix to correct that.  Legacy did not give back searchable PDFs unless you saved them that way - so this is not a change of behaviour.

What,  exactly,  are the 'other problems' that everyone is facing?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I just tested, and @janndk is correct, all text is exported as an image, yielding a pretty but non-searchable PDF. This happens using either Export to PDF or Print (using Microsoft print to PDF). I did this with two notes, a pure-text note that I created in Evernote and a text-heavy note clipped from the Web. The only difference between exporting and printing is that the MS print to PDF version has graphics in color not black and white (!), but does not allow selection of areas of the image or highlighting.

I don't agree that everything in Evernote needs a workaround, not by a long shot. But this is pretty ridiculous. If I create text in EN and want to share it with others as a PDF, it definitely should appear just as I typed it and be searchable. And color images should be in color! I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

On 5/6/2023 at 4:29 PM, gazumped said:

Well...  I created a new text-only test note and both exported as PDF and printed as PDF.  Both AFAICS worked fine.  Win 11 / Evernote 10.56.8

Files here...  exported PDF.pdf  printed PDF.pdf

This is what I mean by 'doesn't work'. And, as others have said export to pdf now creates an image. These were not issues prior to the most recent update.

Export as pdf.pdf Printed save as pdf.pdf

• Like 1

New update today EN 10.56.9 windows. Pdf export is even more messed up than before. Content is (still) shifted to the right, outside the page. And in some cases the content is separated to several pages, with only one line in a page. 😕

Got also a response from support, saying basically that they have now idea what's going on and they don't know when it will get fixed. 😕

• Like 2
On 5/6/2023 at 5:52 PM, gazumped said:

But I must confess that 'export to PDF' does not immediately suggest to me that the file should be in searchable format, and -as I just said- it's a matter of personal choice and a very quick fix to correct that.  Legacy did not give back searchable PDFs unless you saved them that way - so this is not a change of behaviour.

What,  exactly,  are the 'other problems' that everyone is facing?

The main problem(mine) is that the exports are black and white and you put an export and write that everything is ok with it when it's just text.Just read the first post,the next days pass and the problem still occurs with everyone in my team.Besides, the exports are now about 10 times larger than they were before the update.(I mean their size in MB)

• Level 5
On 5/7/2023 at 2:20 AM, vitalya125 said:

I also have it problem. When i did my note in pdf, he was black and white color only. Please, repair

Welcome to the forums. These are primarily user-to-user, so we are unable to repair. But this issue clear is happening to everyone. If you can, please also report it to Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. They need to hear from as many people as possible, IMHO.

I submitted a problem ticket over 2 hours ago detailing my own experience (which includes most of what has neem described in this thread) along with an example PDF export file. From my usage standpoint, I emphasized the need to have it fixed (ie, back to pre-10.56.8 functionality) in the next release. Hopefully, they get enough tickets to prioritize this.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I was pleased to see that the update seemed to have solved the problem. Unfortunately... export as pdf is still not working on my Mac using Ventura 13.3.1 (a), with Evernote 10.57.5 - see attached example.

On the plus side, Print, save as pdf is working. So there has been some  improvement.

export as pdf.pdf

1 hour ago, perthhutch said:

I was pleased to see that the update seemed to have solved the problem. Unfortunately... export as pdf is still not working on my Mac using Ventura 13.3.1 (a), with Evernote 10.57.5 - see attached example.

On the plus side, Print, save as pdf is working. So there has been some  improvement.

export as pdf.pdf 1.13 MB · 2 downloads

Evernote 10.57.5 Windows. Still the same problem. Content shifted outside the page.

("Printed" pdf comes out as an image, so it doesn't help.)

Export to PDF still broken in version 10.57.5

When a TABLE is inside a note, two blank pages are added before the table + there's a shift outside page occours

Please Fix as print is a very important function

PS. on iPad print preview doesn't work at all

• Level 5

@Joeee Your post is not to the point: Do you mean the "Export to PDF", or do you mean print to PDF (which is not going through the export function, it goes through the print dialogue, using a pdf "printer" to create a file) ?

Furthermore this thread is about EN on Windows - please post iPad related information in the correct subform. BTW I tried the "Print to PDF" dialogue on my iPad, and it worked just OK, no issues, preview and all. There is no direct export to PDF on iPad.

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@Joeee Your post is not to the point: Do you mean the "Export to PDF", or do you mean print to PDF (which is not going through the export function, it goes through the print dialogue, using a pdf "printer" to create a file) ?

Furthermore this thread is about EN on Windows - please post iPad related information in the correct subform. BTW I tried the "Print to PDF" dialogue on my iPad, and it worked just OK, no issues, preview and all. There is no direct export to PDF on iPad.

Ok forget the iPad stuff,  I just thought to mention it.

The point is that Export on PDF on Windows is broken as per first part of my prev post

It used to work few weeks ago

G

56 minutes ago, Joeee said:

Ok forget the iPad stuff,  I just thought to mention it.

The point is that Export on PDF on Windows is broken as per first part of my prev post

It used to work few weeks ago

G

One of the core features is broken, and the company doesn't really care. I get these "this is our high-priority issue blah blah blah..." responses from EN support, but I find it hard to believe that this (a simple pfd export) should be a difficult bug to fix, so it's clearly about down-prioritizing. 😕😭

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, janndk said:

it's clearly about down-prioritizing.

It's not 'clearly' about anything.  99% of the time spent fixing an issue is finding out what actually causes it.  Coding is easy.  The hard part is working out why the data being sent to output either isn't coded correctly to produce the required file or print,  and whether that's caused by internal or external issues like the output source,  some translation through iOS, or changes in PDF formats.  

The more users who report the issue and are willing to share activity logs,  the easier it is for the techs to trace down the problem.

Heckling the team about delays is as helpful as "are we there yet?" from the back seat of a car...

• Like 1
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, Joeee said:

The point is that Export on PDF on Windows is broken as per first part of my prev post.

OK, if this is the answer to my question: You mean the export to pdf function.

Does „Print note“, and then print to pdf work for you ?

Just to mention it again: Print to pdf works on the iOS client - could be another workaround.

Beside this I agree that it takes too long to fix this issue. On the current Mac release it seems fixed - I will take a deeper look later.

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Heckling the team about delays is as helpful as "are we there yet?" from the back seat of a car...

It is us on the backseat who are paying the trip. The car is broken and the driver doesn't seem to care. The team is probably gone (fired) - and I guess, that is the cause for the problems?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, janndk said:

It is us on the backseat who are paying the trip. The car is broken and the driver doesn't seem to care. The team is probably gone (fired) - and I guess, that is the cause for the problems?

LOL guessing you were never a 'glass half full' kind've person...  check out the Glassdoor reviews.  The company seems healthy,  happy and successful.  And they didn't spend a chunk of change on their new acquisition just to run it into the ground.  Things will get fixed - and I'd rather have all hands fixing it than someone coming back here to try and reassure people and wasting even more time getting slammed for something that may not even be in Evernote's hands to fix!

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, gazumped said:

LOL guessing you were never a 'glass half full' kind've person...

> LOL guessing you were never a 'glass half full' kind've person... 

I have paid for a full glass.

• Level 5

Maybe you guys should have a drink together.

Then you find out that the beer guy expects a full glas, whereas the wine guy expects a glass with only 2-3 sips of wine - the better the wine the less will be poured.

It is always a question of perspective 😇

Back to the main topic: Export to pdf works on the Mac client 10.57. But it has another bug, concerning the embedded text. When I copy the text and insert it into a text editor, it inverts the sequence of character. I won't post a picture here in the Windows thread - just FYI I have opened the next ticket about it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

OK, if this is the answer to my question: You mean the export to pdf function.

Does „Print note“, and then print to pdf work for you ?

Just to mention it again: Print to pdf works on the iOS client - could be another workaround.

Beside this I agree that it takes too long to fix this issue. On the current Mac release it seems fixed - I will take a deeper look later.

Hi, I'm talking about Windows since we are in the Windows thread ;)

When there's a table inside the note, blank pages are added to the exported PDF. This is the problem

I'm talking about "Export to PDF"

Print as PDF has other problems. I will make a sep post on it

Sure it is a regression as it used to work fine months ago. I find Evernote is quite prone to regressions

• When exporting to pdf, all content is shifted outside the page.
  • When printing to pdf, tables (note wide) are stretched outside the page.

image.thumb.png.4bb30ed002c937c4fa0007bce51b3a02.png

(If there is a lot of text inside a table, it goes totally crazy, and the table cells are separated randomly on several pages.)

• Level 5

My current experience: I just updated to v. 10.57.5 and exported several notes with various types of content. I got readable, searchable text, not shifted off page, colors correct, and tables rendered perfectly. Printing to PDF (MS Print to PDF) produced an unsearchable image and tables (but not text) shifted off page right. However, a note consisting of a Web clip did not export with anything from the Web clip; printing to PDF worked fine. @janndk, I assume you've tried all the usual restart - reboot - uninstall/reinstall. 

3 hours ago, RMorgan said:

Cut off using A4 should be fixed soon.. scheduled for 10.58

Thanks for info.

3 hours ago, RMorgan said:

Cut off using A4 ...

There is cut of in all paper sizes.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I have a similar problem here. Print tot PDF (on iMac) wil only print the first page, export wil cause missing text on right side of page. Very annoying, this is going on for som time now. Pleas Evernote fix this soon so I can share a pdf with my clients! 

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-20 om 14.50.23.png

It's one big mess with Evernote. When searching for the latest version it says that 10.57 is the latest version, but in the App Store it's 10.58. After downloading and installing 10.58 the two factor authentication doesn't arrive. Logging in with a back up code brings me to an empty Evernote, without any of my books... Now I'm left with nothing...

Printing an note from a browser (Safari) is just the same with cut off in all sizes and only printing the first page. Printing a note from iPhone only leads to a complete empty print. 

So now I can't login and/or print notes. Thank You Evernote! ☹️

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-21 om 10.40.54.png

Error all over the place... After one attempt Evernote says "to many attempts"... And support is currently unavailable due to a high volume of support requests...

Logging in on my MacBook is impossible (even on a browser), can't use Evernote therefore...

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-21 om 11.38.13.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-21 om 11.37.02.png

18 hours ago, perthhutch said:

Version 10.58 fixed this issue for me. Exporting/printing to pdf work every time now.

Version 10.58 (browser) does print a full note when notes are in small view. When viewing is normal view only the first page is printed. Exporting on a browser is not possible so that couldn't be checked. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Eppo said:

So now I can't login and/or print notes. Thank You Evernote!

I appreciate you're having a bad day,  but 

1. Evernote releases updates over a period so's not to have 100M+ downloads on the same day.  It's always the case that the latest version is available from the website and can be installed manually.
  2. If you can't see notes and 2FA is gone it suggests that you may have made a small error logging in and accidentally created a new,  empty account.  Loggine out and back in again -carefully- should get your notes back
  3. Chat support is currently unavailable due to the high volume of support requests. Please feel free to submit an email ticket* or reach out at discussion.evernote.com.
    *https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new
  4. Exporting from Evernote Web is not an option,  but printing from the Browser menu is.

Hope you get your issues resolved...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I appreciate you're having a bad day,  but 

1. Evernote releases updates over a period so's not to have 100M+ downloads on the same day.  It's always the case that the latest version is available from the website and can be installed manually.
  2. If you can't see notes and 2FA is gone it suggests that you may have made a small error logging in and accidentally created a new,  empty account.  Loggine out and back in again -carefully- should get your notes back
  3. Chat support is currently unavailable due to the high volume of support requests. Please feel free to submit an email ticket* or reach out at discussion.evernote.com.
    *https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new
  4. Exporting from Evernote Web is not an option,  but printing from the Browser menu is.

Hope you get your issues resolved...

Thanks! Auto update doesn't seem to work anymore, normally this happens more or less every day. I had to remove Evernote on my MacBook and install an new version and login went automatically. Sadly printing and exporting to PDF still has some issues, for example that row numbers are all set to zero...

• Like 1
22 hours ago, perthhutch said:

Version 10.58 fixed this issue for me. Exporting/printing to pdf work every time now.

Also with A4 setting and when the note includes a complex table?

On 6/21/2023 at 5:27 PM, perthhutch said:

Joeee - yes to A4. I'm not sure about complex tables, but simple tables (2 columns, several rows) works for me.

for me it's easy to reproduce. already with 3-4 colums and few rows but you have to write multiple lines of text inside the table cells