Evenote Sync issues

• Level 5

OK, looking good, that's the actual client.

How new is your Mac ? How did you set it up - from a backup, or a clean new install ?

P.S. And check for updates - Apple released a security update tonight, for iOS and Mac. It will not change the release number, it will add an (a) to it.

• Level 5

Hmmm - maybe it took some stuff that didn't sort in well on the new Mac.

Before trying a lot of things, I think removing the EN install and starting it fresh would be the best approach. I assume you have no unsynced content - something that only exist in EN on that new Mac, not in the web. If yes, you need to save it, because we will remove all local data and settings.

Next is to use the app AppCleaner. You get it for free on the internet. Install it, and then run it on the EN app. It will list a number of files and folders related to the EN install. It needs to go, all of it. This is where the build in removal fails, it leaves traces.

After uninstalling this way, restart the Mac. Go to the EN website, and download the installer. Install, open the client, log in. It should start to sync now. It will first download note data, then the attachments. Depending on the size of your data, this can take quite a while. Leave the client open in the background, to allow for the download. You can use EN while it downloads.

• Level 5

Thats probably why it is locked. AppStore apps are shielded, which in the case of EN it prevents some actions. When we have weird bugs with the Mac version here in the forum - mostly related to interaction with other apps -, it usually is the AppStore version. I switched from the AppStore version to the direct install years ago, because I was getting tired from troubleshooting problems that were not rooted in the app. They were rooted in the sandboxed execution of the app.

I would do a regular uninstall of that version, using the regular MacOS uninstaller.

Then restart the Mac, get the installer from the EN website and install. If the problems are not solved, because the new install still uses the existing database, you can then wipe it with AppCleaner.

I deleted the app by putting it in the trash, emptied the trash and reinstalled from the website, nothing changed, so I attempted unsuccessfully to use with the AppCleaner, got the same message about protected apps

• Level 5

If it is your Mac, private, you won't have a MDM. This is a device manager for organizations - the admins have the power to lock things up.

Security software: Internet security, Virus scanners etc. All that stuff that we Mac users don't need.This sort of software can stop system actions it regards as probably malicious.  You won't have it if you didn't install it.

If these 2 are not present, I have no further idea how to reach an uninstall. You can contact support, maybe they know more.