Date and Time stamp issues

dleach4512

Idea

01MAY23

Found a new issue, date/time stamp not working.
In legacy version, using 'Shift + Alt +D'gave me a date and time stamp that matched my system format; 01-May-23 0600.
Now it does not.
First, when I use 'Shift + Alt + D', I only get the time, where 'Ctrl + Alt +D' gives me the date. I cannot have both.
Second, the date and time formats are wrong, and don't match my system.
Third, I cannot find a way to change the date or time formats in evernote.
I submitted a ticket, but we know how useless that is these days.

Ideally, we'll be given, or pointed to, a setting inside evernote to change the date and time formats, even if it's just to match the system formats.
I could achieve the same thing I used to have by using both keyboard shortcuts, but it'd be nice to have one shortcut for both date AND time.

6 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

This issue has been present since v10 was first released two or more years ago.  I use AutoHotKey to do this on Windows.  Other applications are available. AHK means I can format whatever date/time format I wish by default using AHK.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dleach4512 said:

I cannot have both.

You just do alt+shift+D followed by <space. followed by ctrl+shift+D. Not pretty but not impossible either. I guess there are plenty of examples where we had to delete the time in a date and time combined shortcut key anyway.

+1 for AHK to give you exaclty what you want.

• Like 2

@agsteele, it seems counterproductive to use an outside service to set what should be integral to the product (ENv10). I'm new here and relatively new to EN - but the date/time format is an issue. I would like to see EN allow a user to set their preferred date/time format - for me, that would be yyyy:mm:dd:hh: mm:ss (using the 24-hour clock). Americans, British and other users may prefer another format, so selecting the format in 'preferences' should be possible.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
6 hours ago, CalgaryMark said:

@agsteele, it seems counterproductive to use an outside service to set what should be integral to the product (ENv10). 

It may well feel like that. Since we are mostly users we have no ability to change anything but can, sometimes, suggest alternative ways of achieving something.

The AHK approach works well and since this has been a challenge since v10 was launched it seems unlikely that the feature will be made available.

• Like 1