My Zapier Zap to integrate a new OneNote entry into Evernote doesnt completely work.... any ideas?

I am using OneNote and my notes are saved in OneDrive - as I use both a lappy, a PC and another tablet to do my work and it seems sensible to have them all in one place - i.e. the cloud.

I have set up a Zapier zap to say "when there is a new note in OneNote", then "create a new note in Evernote"

And it seems to work.   BUT when I open it up, it's just all gobbledigook (to me).

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Dr Ram

PS Here is the Evernote note of the OneNote message transfered (which was a simple "Does this translate into Evernote" as text and handwritten "I wonder if this will work").  As you can see, a lot of "noise" for such a short note!

title
For evernote from ONE NOTE FOR WINDOWS 10
links
oneNoteClientUrl
href
onenote:https://d.docs.live.net/fbd0253bd26576a4/Documents/Ramesh's%20Notebook/Quick%20Notes.one#For%20evernote%20from%20ONE%20NOTE%20FOR%20WINDOWS%2010&section-id=ecaf89c0-d47b-4ae4-abf0-6c853aa582e4&page-id=05c0d6de-77ac-4b59-aa0d-861033ac7de4&end
details
note
<html lang="en-GB">
<head>
<title>For evernote from ONE NOTE FOR WINDOWS 10</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="created" content="2023-04-16T21:03:00.0000000" />
</head>
<body data-absolute-enabled="true" style="font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt">
<div style="position:absolute;left:144px;top:139px;width:624px">
<p style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt">This is the basic version evernote </p>
<br />
</div>
<!-- InkNode is not supported -->
<div style="position:absolute;left:611px;top:570px;width:624px">
<br />
</div>
</body>
</html>
  • Level 5

Zapier only mentions workflows going out of EN on his pages. Maybe from the outside in doesn’t work well - we know that the EN clients don’t support scripting. All interaction needs to go through the API.

I think your best next step is to contact Zapier support about the problem.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

The challenge with these types of note sharing is that Evernote will display exactly what it receives. In thurn Zapier will relay the output it receives in the best format it can manage.  Then OneNote will output the note cotent in a format that it thinks is correct.  So there are multiple places for this note transfer to fail.  Like @PinkElephant I think your first stop for help should be Zapier. The Zap doesn't seem to be passing on the OneNote output in a format that works for Evernote.  Most likely OneNote outputs as an HTML and Zaqpier gives it to Evernote as a text file.  But that's a guess.

You could try the same process with IFTTT and see how that works.

• Like 3
  • Evernote Expert

Like Zapier, IFTTT has a free option. My experience is that they can each be better or worse than the other depending upon your requirements.  I've used both and will always try out the alternative if my first choice doesn't work.

• Like 2