Link to notes in task

ferreirc

Idea

I frequently use the feature to be able to link notes to one another for easy navigation, it would be very useful to be able to have a similar link capability in a task.

For example:

If I had a list of tasks for "Today" on a note and I wanted to link each task back to a "project" note that is stored somewhere else it would be helpful to have a task name that could contain a link in the title field:  "Project A - Get this thing done" where "Project A" would be a clickable link to a project note.

Attached is a screenshot that shows what linking to another note looks like today, if there is a way to mimic how it links work in a note that would be much better, these links do work, but are not very user friendly: Screenshot2023-04-14at10_56_17AM.thumb.png.6f61c24df81a8a9fcf17569c8b9c578e.png

6 replies to this idea

5 hours ago, ferreirc said:

I frequently use the feature to be able to link notes to one another for easy navigation, it would be very useful to be able to have a similar link capability in a task.

For example:

If I had a list of tasks for "Today" on a note and I wanted to link each task back to a "project" note that is stored somewhere else it would be helpful to have a task name that could contain a link in the title field:  "Project A - Get this thing done" where "Project A" would be a clickable link to a project note.

I Have a few Tasks that I insert links in  :-

image.png.bc5dc9ab7b721a02d4ec777126905fb1.png

I think the problem is that in tasks neither internal or external links are allowed to hide behind "text". That doesn't look too bad for relatively short external links but looks rubbish for internal links. I don't think there is a way of doing it. ctrl+K doesn't work and the markdown method (which is not listed under "Auto formatting" but works in a note) does not work either. If you drag a nicely formatted link from a note into a task it deletes the text and just displays the link.

1 minute ago, Mike P said:

I think the problem is that in tasks neither internal or external links are allowed to hide behind "text". That doesn't look too bad for relatively short external links but looks rubbish for internal links. I don't think there is a way of doing it. ctrl+K doesn't work and the markdown method (which is not listed under "Auto formatting" but works in a note) does not work either. If you drag a nicely formatted link from a note into a task it deletes the text and just displays the link.

Exactly my point..  The usability is pretty poor if the link is an internal note link.