(Archived) Evernote on Linux (Wine works!)

I realize that demand for a Linux client might not be extensive, but given the recent emergence of "mini" laptops (Eee PC, HP mini-note, etc...) I'd argue that there's a real opportunity here. These class of machines usually come with a version of Linux (more expensive Windows versions are available).

Personally, I use Evernote for all my note taking and this is the primary reason I drag my (unfortunately large) laptop with me everywhere. A small machine just for note taking is an attractive idea, so I've been looking at some of the machines mentioned above. In the meantime, I've been testing Evernote 3 on Ubuntu via Wine. So far, it works like a champ. I'd prefer to have a native client, but for anyone else out there considering Linux or a mini notebook...it can work.

Dean

Thanks. I just did the same and it works fine. I also have Heron and since they install Firefox 3.x the clipper won't install. I can still clip to the web version of EN3 (which works just fine on Firefos 3.x, despite the Evernote warnings to the contrary.)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using evernote under wine since I fell in love with evernote a month ago, and for the most part it works really well. However, the one feature I really miss is that ctl+alt+v (which I rely on heavily when using windows) doesn't appear to work. Has anyone found a way go get similar functionality when running under wine?

Archived