AI powered search with Summary

karelmasat

Idea

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5

On the many reports about AI, I found a rough figure about the computing power needed for searching: AI based search needs 10 times the energy of regular search, per search.

Would be interesting to see if all the AI enthusiasts here are still enthusiastic when they get the bill: 2x the current Professional level (with boolean search) as a starting point ?

„Saving the planet“ works differently …

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

On the many reports about AI, I found a rough figure about the computing power needed for searching: AI based search needs 10 times the energy of regular search, per search.

Would be interesting to see if all the AI enthusiasts here are still enthusiastic when they get the bill: 2x the current Professional level (with boolean search) as a starting point ?

„Saving the planet“ works differently …

Well, it depends, but for me, paying a bit more would be acceptable, I am using Evernote for more than 10 years, and having the possibility of much more better search functionality would be really valuable. Its not something, that is not just an actual trend, it is something that will define the future (from my point of view). Evernote is for many reasons a perfect piece of software (I really like it), but I feel, that it started to be a bit "behind" ... and no, the new dashboard will not change this trend.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

OK, let’s pick that „really cool“ Humana AI posted above.

Pro (the lowest plan there) is 14,99$ per month, with 250 pages included. For every page (it is focussed on PDFs, so it’s pdf page as I understand the math) above it is 0.01$. 100 pages is 1$. OK, wait a minute, make this say 10.000 notes with an average of 5 pages per note ? 500$ ….

4 hours ago, karelmasat said:

Well, it depends, but for me, paying a bit more would be acceptable, ….

Say that „paying a bit more“ thing again, please 🤣

11 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

OK, let’s pick that „really cool“ Humana AI posted above.

Pro (the lowest plan there) is 14,99$ per month, with 250 pages included. For every page (it is focussed on PDFs, so it’s pdf page as I understand the math) above it is 0.01$. 100 pages is 1$. OK, wait a minute, make this say 10.000 notes with an average of 5 pages per note ? 500$ ….

Say that „paying a bit more“ thing again, please 🤣

I am not the one, who should dictate (business) strategy to Evernote. I came to express my wish (as a premium user, registered for more than 10 years). I have understood the fact, that some type of AI search functionality will be premium functionality paid by extra fee and I am willing to do that. I provided you an example of a service, which has its own business model and its not connected with Evernote at all just to demonstrate, how helpful it can be. The price calculation should be surely different for Evernote, just simply multiply the price per PDF page is not a very clever price comparison (when it comes to thinking 😉 ).

I still feel, that Evernote is becoming a "boomer" in the area of this types of applications, and it is a pity. To think about things that it is not possible, because.. just as a reaction to everything new... , well ok, let's continue in polishing the "Dashboard" - the really 90's thing. 

11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Would be interesting to see if all the AI enthusiasts here are still enthusiastic when they get the bill

Notion 10 usd pm

Mem 8 usd pm

Reflect 8 usd pm

Google docs free

Obsidian free

So... is there anyway to PLEASE get back to what search was like before? I loved just typing in one word and having the recommendations show up in the dropdown (and the note I needed was practically always at the top results). Having to actually hit enter, wait for results to load, scroll to find what I'm looking for and waiting for another load... sucks. It sucks. This sucks. I hate it. So much.