Note History Not Available

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I have a Personal subscription. Recently some content from a Note disappeared. Looking at help I am advised to View Note Info however within the Note Info there is no option there to view the Note history. (See screenshot).

Any help to recover the missing info gratefully received

Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 20.46.11.pngimage.thumb.png.9f2742def05d37c62e7e0db5b2ed76a9.png

I just tested and 'Note history' is available even on a brand new note for me on my Personal subscription. This is how it looks in both Desktop and Web for me.

image.png.ec97bc19029886f30363ab79c186889b.png

or from here:

image.png.fea007866a87808c6d2a68ddccb6bbb3.png

Those two ways to access a note history even show up on my Free subscription account (but then it asks me to upgrade).

So that is weird that you don't see either....So I think answers to @PinkElephant's question might be helpful.

2 hours ago, kjm4321 said:

I have a Personal subscription.

You could also submit a ticket to Evernote support.

• Evernote Expert

The usual resolution for this kind of issue is to uninstall using Revo Uninstaller (Windows) then reinstall.

I'm not sure what access there's is to Note History for notes that have been shared with me. That happens very rarely for me so I cannot check.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
3 hours ago, agsteele said:

I'm not sure what access there's is to Note History for notes that have been shared with me.

Purely as a guess,  I'd assume that you you are not (presumably) the owner of the note,  you would not have access to that feature amongst others.  Which,  I suppose might be the case here if the OP is not the originator of the note.  On the other hand if you have a share that has edit permissions...  But I don't have anything handy to check that here either.  :(

• Like 1

Thanks 'gazumped', you are correct, the note in question was one shared with me and by chance the note a looked at as 'test' also happened to be one shred with me. 

I do have Note History for Notes I have created, so the answer although I don't understand why it makes any difference is that Note History is not available for Notes that have been shared with you.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
27 minutes ago, kjm4321 said:

I do have Note History for Notes I have created, so the answer although I don't understand why it makes any difference is that Note History is not available for Notes that have been shared with you.

Because you don't 'own' the note and the history is reserved for the owner.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Sharon Si said:

How do I retrieve notes from 2022 and before.

Can you see any of these old notes or are the all missing?  It sounds like you created a new account rather than reset the password and your old notes are still in the original account...  Note history will only work on an existing note anyway.  If you can't see the notes already,  you won't have access to them.  I suggest you contact Support.

EDIT: and please don't post the same issue twice - I deleted your other post.