I have Evernote on two Win10 pc's and two modern android Samsung devices.  My Evernote is totally screwed up.

I have:
  • removed Evernote from all my devices and cleared caches on all devices.  
  • Clean installed current versions from the Evernote website and/or Google Playstore
  • emptied the trash folder, which had over 7,000 deleted notes in it.
    PC's show a empty trash folder
    Samsung devices show 5,000 headers in the trash folder but no notes
Syncing between devices is erratic and has no rhyme or reason.
  • I put a test note on Evernote Web and it shows up on 1 PC but the other.  It doesn't show up on either Samsung android device.
  • The android apps (2 samsung devices) have been syncing for over 5 minutes each and the content doesn't match from device to device.
There are some real issues going on with Evernote.  For the first time in 12 years of being with Evernote, I'm looking at alternatives.  I just renewed for another year and am contemplating canceling my service.  Please fix these issues.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, bulldog485 said:

Syncing between devices is erratic

Hi.  "Syncing between devices" doesn't happen.  Evernote syncs from and from each device to Evernote's server.  Individual devices sometimes have trouble catching up. 

Making major changes on multiple devices at the same time is just a way of giving the server a nervous breakdown.  Try changing your entries on one device and check on others to see whether you get the update.  You might need to wait a day or so to allow the fallout from the last changes to work through the system...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 3:04 PM, agsteele said:

I would recommend that you open a support ticket to get attention from Evernote. 

We are just other users here so not able to fix anything for you.

I have opened support tickets.  And pretty much got the blow-off form answer.  Went back and forth explaining the steps I've taken and was asked if I took those steps.  I answered again that I've already taken those steps and was told to take those same steps.  Finally, update 10.55.x came out and seems to have fixed the issue.  But I sure wish that Evernote would actually read the support tickets and address what is in the ticket.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:04 PM, agsteele said:

I would recommend that you open a support ticket to get attention from Evernote. 

and (after app. two weeks later...)

6 hours ago, bulldog485 said:

... But I sure wish that Evernote would actually read the support tickets and address what is in the ticket.

Unfortunately, this is also my experience. 😞 
OK, there maybe some questions that cannot be answered by you Experts here - but Support often seems to have no experts at all available. If you ask patiently and persistently, you will get to the next level of technical staff - who will not answer directly (this is OK - we do it the same way in our company).
But they tend to re-ask  supporters about facts that have been discussed already
. Supporter comes back to you and so forth. At the (open) end simply no further feedback... (I've a ticket open in this manner since 18.02.23, last sign of life is from 15.03.23 with "There is not update at this time. Our development team is still investigating ...")

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
44 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

Unfortunately, this is also my experience.

It is an unfortunate factor of having lots of customers that separating users with actual issues from users who just don't yet know how to use the product is quite difficult - if you have 200M+ users,  you're probably going to get at least .005% with queries.  That's your new users,  plus those bodies who just downloaded an update and found a bug or got an error.  That's still (unless I dropped a decimal somewhere) 1,000,000 queries per year which is over 100 queries every hour of every day.  A small portion of those will need hours or days of work to find a fix.

Every large company does its best to get users to help themselves by providing help screens and FAQs,  and will have a support team with several tiers: customer facing to (probably) use a script-based process based on previous user queries on any given topic / 2nd tier techs who can apply some independent thought and logic to issues,  and 'devs' who get into the weeds of bugs and OS conflicts.

At each stage they'll run users through the process of basic steps to make sure they're all on the same page and nothing obvious has been overlooked.  I know that's necessary,  because when I started out in a support team (a little while ago now!!) I had a nightmare customer who could not log into their email.  I talked them through the process - no luck.  I tried the login myself on a test machine - worked perfectly.  Called back and took them through the steps...  failed again.  Rebooted the system - failed again.  Extracted a promise from the customer that they would only tap the keys I gave them,  and took them through the process embarrassingly s.l.o.w.l.y.  Got to the user name,  which I'd previously given as first (dot) last and dictated a full stop - at which point the customer said "you mean there's an actual dot in there?" <facepalm>

That's an extreme case,  but I promise it's a true story and every support tech will have their own version.  So please be patient,  and just go through the motions when asked.  You never know when those sneaky dots will get in on the action...  ;)

EDIT:  Just to belabor the point I found this just after writing the post... http://www.skywriting.net/inspirational/humor/ancient_tech_support.html

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

Love the ancient tech support. There's also the oldie about the user who called support after their screen went blank and the machine stopped responding. Usual sorts of questions, then finally "Please look at the power cord to make sure it's plugged in properly." "It's hard to see back there when it's dark like this." "Dark?" "Yes, there's a power outage in our whole building." [What follows does not bear repeating in public.]

All the same, it does seem like it would be cost-effective to have some boilerplate at the beginning of each support response like "Apologies if you have already completed the steps below. Sometimes it is necessary to check on them multiple times to assure success."

• Like 1