Evernote taking up my disk space

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have nearly 61,000 notes and that folder is 34.4GB for me.  Unless you have more notes,  or many bigger attachments like large image files or video,  I'd say 70GB is possibly an error.  There's no way to 'limit' Evernote,  but you should have a variety of options...

1:  Sync Evernote up to date,  then uninstall the app / restart and check that folder to see what (if anything) has been left behind.  If there are leftovers,  save them to a zipped desktop file and delete the originals.  Then reinstall.  Once Evernote is up and running again (which might take a little while) check that you have the content you'd expect.  If so,  delete the zipped content.

2:  If the new folder still causes concern because of its size,  check preferences and UNtick "keep a copy of my notes on this device..."  OR

3:  Look into "Symbolic Links" and move the content onto an external drive.  (Evernote will still look to that folder,  but you can redirect its queries.)  

OR

4:  Start curating your database content and re-home image and other large files outside of Evernote to reduce the size.