Pop-up box over titles in sidebar Windows Desktop App

I have recently started getting a small popup in my sidebar when I am hovering over notes in my Evernote Desktop App. This might be a new feature as I have never noticed it before, but it is very intrusive and actually gets in the way as I cannot select the note title under this pop-up. 

Does anyone know how to disable it, as I am finding it very disruptive. 

Thank you in advance. Please see attached screenshot for issue

image.thumb.png.3f55e75c5bdc361da1acb73332286116.png

• Evernote Expert
5 hours ago, JRB94 said:

Does anyone know how to disable it, as I am finding it very disruptive. 

These appear when you roll over notes that you have placed in your shortcuts.  I think you'd have to remove notes from the shortcuts to lose the pop-out.  Perhaps make do with showing recent notes in the sidebar (via the View menu).  Notes held there don't produce the pop-out.

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

These appear when you roll over notes that you have placed in your shortcuts.

Do they? I've not seen that. I only see pop-ups, that look like the screenshot in the original post, when I am in side list or top list view. 

OP is showing the hint showing with notes in the side list view. Popup hints do also show for the shortcut notes, but the little chevron arrow points to the left in that case. OP's image shows the chevron pointing down at the note title in the side list view.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Boot17 said:

Popup hints do also show for the shortcut notes,

Can you explain how please and ideally give a screen shot. I can't get this to work so must be doing something daft. Do you mean hovering over a shortcut to a note in the sidebar?

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

That suggests a further solution for the OP. Widen the sidebar to get rid of the pop-out hint.

I think, as @Boot17explains, his issue is with the pop ups from the side list view. The same applies though. You only get a pop up if the title doesn't fit in the column so you can just widen the title column. May not be practical for the side list but should work well for the top list

• Like 1
8 hours ago, agsteele said:

That suggests a further solution for the OP. Widen the sidebar to get rid of the pop-out hint.

Except it doesn't.

The OP is saying this:

image.png.812ad7e1044aa2d4f178d0f000bc6f21.png

However, you are giving a solution for this:

image.png.35fbe85cae5927643a4c045a21d1c41c.png

The big difference is that the hint popping out to the right on the Shortcuts is *just fine*. You don't need to widen the side bar as the hint doesn't get in the way of what you are working with.

However, the hint popping up above the title of the note on the side list of notes is a problem because then you can't select the note above because it is hidden by the popover hint.

Edit: It's not really that disruptive to me personally -- probably mostly because I use the snippet view. But OP is saying that is what is disruptive to them and I've seen a few others ask about it as well. So just felt the need to clarify what is being talked about as the issue. The only current workaround is, as @Mike P mentions above -- to widen the list of notes -- or, as you mentioned for the shortcut popover, make the title smaller.

• 6 months later...