Why can’t we easily edit a note with Apple Pencil like in other free apps like OneNote?

Sarariasp

Idea

I use my Apple Pencil a lot in my work, and it is so frustrating that Evernote doesn’t really support it. I can’t highlight or add handwritten notes or marks (by the way, the sketch feature kinda sucks). Please fix this! 

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Nothing like this is advertised, nothing like this can work inside of an EN note. A note is basically a small website, based on HTML. This format is text only.

So stop asking for a fix where nothing is broken. If handwriting is important for you, get another app. If you want to have limited pencil support inside of EN, activate the Scribble feature in iPadOS settings.

• Like 1
On 3/17/2023 at 12:17 AM, PinkElephant said:

Nothing like this is advertised, nothing like this can work inside of an EN note. A note is basically a small website, based on HTML. This format is text only.

So stop asking for a fix where nothing is broken. If handwriting is important for you, get another app. If you want to have limited pencil support inside of EN, activate the Scribble feature in iPadOS settings.

Sure, let's just tell everyone to just shut up and stop asking for improvements. Wow.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
Just now, Sarariasp said:

Sure, let's just tell everyone to just shut up and stop asking for improvements. Wow.

You are using aggressive language, both on your first post in this thread, and now in your answer. Just to make your aware of this: The forum ist user2user, and aggressive language among us users is seen as not appropriate.

• You got an explanation of the fact why it is not possible to "simply edit with a pencil". The data model does not allow it. 
  • You got an explanation as well why this is no bug and nothing to be "fixed", because it is not an advertised feature.
  • You have been advised about a limited workaround, by enabling the iPadOS scribble feature.

If you want to ask EN for a new feature, use the feedback function or issue a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 3/16/2023 at 10:53 AM, Sarariasp said:

by the way, the sketch feature kinda sucks [could be improved[

I'd also like to see some improvements with the sketch feature. Although I have found it to be extremely handy lately as-is. Really liking it. Of course it's not super robust like apps that are dedicated to that kind of thing.

One of Evernote's strengths is its ability to render the content consistently on any device: web, desktop, tablets, phones. I think other tools that specialize in drawing and markup of note content don't look so consistent or good on all those platforms (if they even have apps for all the platforms).