Moving notes in fewer steps - Move note to... 'Recent' or 'Favored' notebooks

Isaac

Idea

There are too many steps when trying to move notes from the catch-all main notebook into specific notebooks.  It would be much quicker if after clicking on the "Move note to..' button, a list of both 'recently selected notebooks' and 'favorited/starred notebooks' were on top of the list. The way it is now, either a long list of notebooks needs to be scrolled through each time, or a one needs to move to keyboard to type in the name of a folder to search for it, then back to the mouse again to select.  Doing this repetitively to file notes is very tedious, and could be made much simpler. 

Also, double clicking on a notebook should complete moving of Note, rather than having to click to select the notebook, move the mouse over the Done button, and click on that.  .. Removing these extra steps add up to saving a lot of menial tedium. 

Thanks for listening

• Like 2

6 replies to this idea

You can move a note to another notebook without using the mouse at all. On Mac: Control-Command-M, type first few characters of notebook, down arrow, enter key. Done.

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

It would be much quicker if after clicking on the "Move note to..' button, a list of both 'recently selected notebooks' and 'favorited/starred notebooks' were on top of the list.

This is a good idea too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Isaac said:

There are too many steps when trying to move notes from the catch-all main notebook into specific notebooks.  It would be much quicker if after clicking on the "Move note to..' button, a list of both 'recently selected notebooks' and 'favorited/starred notebooks' were on top of the list. The way it is now, either a long list of notebooks needs to be scrolled through each time, or a one needs to move to keyboard to type in the name of a folder to search for it, then back to the mouse again to select.  Doing this repetitively to file notes is very tedious, and could be made much simpler. 

Also, double clicking on a notebook should complete moving of Note, rather than having to click to select the notebook, move the mouse over the Done button, and click on that.  .. Removing these extra steps add up to saving a lot of menial tedium. 

Thanks for listening

I think this is a sensible suggestion.

There are of course various ways of moving notes. You can already drag a note into a notebook shortcut in the sidebar as well as dragging notes into the normal notebooks in the sidebar. The concept of "recently selected notebooks" (as opposed to recent notes) doesn't yet exist in EN so might need a bit of work.

• Like 1
在 2023/3/14 在 AM3點54分, Boot17說:

You can move a note to another notebook without using the mouse at all. On Mac: Control-Command-M, type first few characters of notebook, down arrow, enter key. Done.

This is a good idea too.

I hate this hot-key very much.  Because control-M was Merge in old version.  Experienced merged multi notes instead of move wrongly.  In new version it just call the option bar is better than before. 

In old version, it have a AI to put the mostly fitted notebook on the top of the list.  But this function lost in new version. 

On 3/13/2023 at 3:56 PM, Mike P said:

I think this is a sensible suggestion.

There are of course various ways of moving notes. You can already drag a note into a notebook shortcut in the sidebar as well as dragging notes into the normal notebooks in the sidebar. The concept of "recently selected notebooks" (as opposed to recent notes) doesn't yet exist in EN so might need a bit of work.

Thanks for your response.  ..  Yes, I'm aware of those other ways to move notes- and I gratefully appreciate and use the ability to drag.  
You added a good point which I have wished were there too: the sidebar including with the shortcuts recently accessed notebooks. 

• Level 5

You don't need to scroll at all.

Either click on the Move icon, or use the keyboard shortcut (Mac: ctrl-cmd-M). Then type a few letters into the notebook field. The string must be somewhere in the notebooks name, not necessarily at the beginning. With every letter the list gets shorter. 

One down arrow, and the first list item is selected. Enter to confirm, and the note is moved.