• Level 5

I have Evernote for Windows v. 10.54.4 running on a Windows 10 machine. I think this was already happening in 10.53, though. When I right-click an attachment and select Save As, the Save As dialog appears but hangs or freezes. It's never possible to save the attachment, and when I click the X to close the dialog, Evernote crashes. I've tried restarting the program and the computer, with no success. This happens with JPG and PNG images and with PDFs. I don't do this very often, so I haven't tried with anything else. However, dragging an attachment onto the desktop or into my Explorer replacement works fine. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

• Level 5

Mmph. Would hate to think that I need to do the Revo Uninstall and reinstall, but if no one else is seeing this then that may be the solution. OTOH, I find that I can still save attachments from the Web client on the same computer. Since I don't need to do this very often I may just do that.

Save-As dialog (it's not EN itself!) stores its last save-in folder as a symbolic link in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\.
Maybe there is a problem wie this last save-in folder (deleted or moved?) or with any other content in ...\Recent folder (too many entries?, ...).

I've heared about similar problems within other programs. Deleting the content of this folder (it contains only links) did help.

Next time in EN (or any other progam) you should see C:\Users\<your-windows-login-name>\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote as a the initial folder of the Save-As dialog.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, AlbertR said:

Save-As dialog (it's not EN itself!) stores its last save-in folder as a symbolic link in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\.
Maybe there is a problem wie this last save-in folder (deleted or moved?) or with any other content in ...\Recent folder (too many entries?, ...).

I've heared about similar problems within other programs. Deleting the content of this folder (it contains only links) did help.

Next time in EN (or any other progam) you should see C:\Users\<your-windows-login-name>\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote as a the initial folder of the Save-As dialog.

Interesting idea, thanks! Evernote was trying to download to my Downloads folder, which has 148 items in it totaling over 62 MB--so not huge, I think. I tried just removing the Downloads link from Recent Items, but that didn't help. I hated to lose that whole set of recents, but I tried emptying it (with Evernote not running, having crashed). Oddly, Evernote still wanted to save to Downloads (does it keep its own recents list?), and still had a label "Working on it" in the folder space in the dialog. That folder was showing empty, which it obviously is not, so something is going wrong with Evernote's ability to use this dialog. Since I can drag and drop or use the Web client to save an attachment, I'm not going to waste time on it. I'll hope that it just goes away somehow. Of course I've been hoping that about some former political office holders too....