Additional Notes inside of Tasks

Eugene Vivino

Idea

Hello,

I believe it would be very helpful to have a space inside of individual tasks to add additional information / notes about what needs to happen. Other task features (like Apple's Reminders) have this feature, and it does help.

Thank you!

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

16 hours ago, Eugene Vivino said:

Hello,

I believe it would be very helpful to have a space inside of individual tasks to add additional information / notes about what needs to happen. Other task features (like Apple's Reminders) have this feature, and it does help.

Thank you!

If I require detail like this, I create the task in a relevant note rather than the default task note.

• Like 1
On 3/11/2023 at 10:03 AM, bmcl26 said:

If I require detail like this, I create the task in a relevant note rather than the default task note.

But, for exemple, you have a Note @Payments with alot of payments to do, each one is a task. It would be nice put the payment information on each one.

55 minutes ago, Gabriel de Oliveira said:

But, for exemple, you have a Note @Payments with alot of payments to do, each one is a task. It would be nice put the payment information on each one.

The way I do this is to have a separate note for each payment with a recurring task at the top of the note and then add payment information each time I pay.

You could tag the notes payment to be able to bring them up quickly. 

You'd also be able to store other information about each payment inthe note including docs, images if needed.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gabriel de Oliveira said:

You can create more than one task in a note, and you could create one for each payment required.

It would be helpful to be able to add comments/notes inside of a task. I would also like to be able to add a link in those comments. Tags would be nice too.

I create notes with multiple tasks frequently e.g. "To Do week of 4/10/23". To add comments or links to other notes, I have to add those below the task and they are not attached to the task in any way. A title, due date, reminders and assign to options are not enough. You have a way to open a more detailed view of the task, please add the ability to add a note with links etc. to that view. (I was so disappointed the first time I selected the ... on the task and there was not a way to add a note or comments. I knew it was going to be there but nope, it wasn't)

I love Evernote but it's task handling needs more work.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Evernote's task feature isn't, always, intuitive.  You should think of it in reverse.  Create a note for the topic.  Create the tasks inside the note AND also add comments inside the note.  You can also tag the note if you wish.

• Like 1

You can add links to task titles, not too many but they can be added and are clickable within a home screen widget.

I add links to emails in my tasks for work I need to do.

As mentioned Evernote tasks work a little differently to a task manager app. The note is the main entity that you can add a task to making the information in the note actionable.

Took me a while to alter my thinking but it works really well for me.

• Like 1

It is true you can think of a note as a "story" and each story could have tasks to be completed. But the tasks also might need specifics which would be finely stored within the fields associated to each task. I think it is much more intuitive to think of notes as reservoirs of information that is more generic and where you could eventually add specific points to complete within. With this in mind, it does not make sense to think that each note should contain the details of each task, but in case each task needs mouch more info, it would be friendlier that tasks could contain further notes/details within each task. Otherwise you would need a note per task, and that might be not very efficient. Or, a not very nice solution (that I use in the meantime) is to add some space below each task and add those details there, but this is not very elegant IMO. Jira does the more intuitive solution pretty fine and works very well. It does not seem too hard from a dev perspective to just add a notes field within each task TBH.