Pictures uploaded to the desktop app won't show up in note anymore

Hi, recently there seems to be a bug when uploading pictures to notes in the desktop app. I just get a grey box (see attached) shortly after upload. When i click on it i can see the picture. This only happens after a few seconds. So it will show uploaded images first and then reverts to these grey boxes.
Web App seems to works fine and i can see the images uploaded. I tried reinstalling the desktop app and restarting the computer? Anyone has had similar experiences or any helpful tips? Big Thanks in advance!

Also sidenote: Is there no official Evernote Help anymore? Like none? What is happening?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-10 um 10.44.55.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, larsbenedit said:

Also sidenote: Is there no official Evernote Help anymore? Like none? What is happening?

Hi.  I gave up Macs 10+ years ago,  so not qualified to offer anything on your main query - but how did you seek help?  Are you a subscriber,  or a free user?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue in Evernote for windows, both the desktop app and web app. Had the issue once before a few years ago, needed a tech to fix it.  When I'm creating multiple notes during the day and add photos, they're slow to load and turn into peg or jpeg files.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, IMTBreds said:

Had the issue once before a few years ago

Hmmn - that would put the issue in pre-v10 times.  There's a new ball game in town now.

You could be seeing a grey box if you're on mobile or a low-bandwidth connection - it's a place holder for the image,  which you should be able to see if you click it as though it is a link.  That image should be synced / loaded out of turn because you requested it.  

2 hours ago, IMTBreds said:

turn into peg or jpeg files

If you're saying these weren't JPG files to begin with,  then that seems unusual.  Otherwise PNG, JPG etc are just standard image files and what you're seeing is the full file name.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for your replies! For anyone encountering the same problem. Here is the solution supplied by evernote tech support:

1. Close Evernote process (Evernote > Quit Evernote ⌘ Q )
2. Open Finder.
2. From the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder...
3. Paste ~/Library/Application Support/ and press return key.
4. Locate the folder titled Evernote and rename it to Evernote.old.
5. Launch Evernote and try signing in.

This worked for my and i hope it helps someone else too.

Best 

Lars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @larsbenedit, I tried this, but in that location there is no Evernote folder.

Hi, thanks for your replies! For anyone encountering the same problem. Here is the solution supplied by evernote tech support:

1. Close Evernote process (Evernote > Quit Evernote ⌘ Q )
2. Open Finder.
2. From the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder...
3. Paste ~/Library/Application Support/ and press return key.
4. Locate the folder titled Evernote and rename it to Evernote.old.
5. Launch Evernote and try signing in.

This worked for my and i hope it helps someone else too.

Best 

Lars

I am running latest Mac Evernote on Ventura 13.2.1.

Thanks,

Mike

• Level 5

Reinstalling means uninstalling. The desktop clients need the service of an additional app, because the OS uninstaller will not remove the complete installation. For the Mac this is the app AppCleaner. It is available for free on the internet. When using it on EN, one needs to make sure all program elements are checked.

After the uninstall, restart the Mac, reinstall the app from the website (not the AppStore), start and log in. Keep it running in the background - it will download all of your notes from the cloud server. This can take a while, depending on the volume of the database.

• 11 months later...

uhm... I have exactly the same troubles on the PC app on Win11 and Win10. I have version 10.78.0. I will continue to dig and try something similar and remove my local data yet again...