Android 11, Highlighted text deletes extra characters. Evernote V10.48 (1129232)

I've found a strange glitch that I've never noticed before in the app.

When I highlight a section of text and press delete, it deletes extra characters. If I type a letter instead of delete, it just puts in the character. I first discovered this with a double tap to highlight a word and kept loosing extra characters but holding on the screen and highlighting multiple words also:

Initial sentence, highlighted two words

image.thumb.png.2dbd1c49d39c07a771e83f677460ef8d.png

After pressing the delete key it has also deleted "and if the..."

image.thumb.png.4f04f65eb42f6be7d865ec56cbdb7618.png

This is what happens if I just type the letter "k" notice the rest of the sentence was intact.

image.thumb.png.eb640000e9e6d045f7fd07db806ed3c2.png

Confirmed here. The very first time I created the note and highlighted the words, they deleted as they should. I then exited the note, confirmed it had synced, then re-entered the note and tested again. The second time (and subsequent times) I was able to reproduce the glitch, same as you.

Unfortunately, the Android app has had similar editor-related bugs for years that have not been addressed. No one has given me a straight reason as to why, but I have speculated that enough of the "guts" are being rewritten as part of the real-time sync project that they are waiting for that project to complete first.

For an example of a similar bug, I get near-identical results when highlighting text and using the "shift" key on the standard Gboard keyboard to change the capitalization of the highlighted word. I've documented this annoying bug in the below thread:

• Evernote Expert

It has been clear for sometime that Evernote on Android does not play well with the Google Gboard keyboard. @Paul A.'s stoical advocacy pays testament to this. That other keyboards do what is expected just underlines the difficulty between EN and Gboard. 

I'm not sure whether EN or Google needs to fix the issue but there is a problem which affects users who want to use some of the slightly less standard features of Gboard.

• Like 2