Quickly Order Tasks

Matthew R

Idea

It's insane that I can't fire up my computer each morning, look at my task list, and quickly adjust the order of what I'm going to work on (unless I'm completely missing something). 

I don't want to use a work around like adding dates and times to every single task, I just want to drag and drop on the list to create the order I want.

Add in tags so I can really sort fast.

This could also be done with a tag, but a duration would be handy too. So If I find myself with an extra 15 minutes, I can skip to the next task that will only take 15 min.

1 reply to this idea

11 hours ago, Matthew R said:

It's insane that I can't fire up my computer each morning, look at my task list, and quickly adjust the order of what I'm going to work on (unless I'm completely missing something). 

It's important to understand  how tasks work in EN. Tasks do not exist as separate entities, they only exist in notes. The task views simply extract all the tasks from the notes to give you an overview of all the different tasks in all the different notes. This makes it really easy to integrate notes with tasks associated with that note - say a note from a meeting with the actions that came out of the meeting. If you add a task from the task window it is added to the default task note.

You don't say how you are using tasks. If all you want is a simple task list then it can be in a single note (your default note for tasks). If you open that note directly you can drag and drop the tasks into whatever order you want. I doubt that manual sorting of the task list in tasks is going to be a priority or even practical - after all we can't even do that for notes.

• Like 2