Checklist is converted to bullet points when publishing

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

No. The website view via a share is a best approximation that can be shown in a simple web page.

The checked items in the list are not simple HTML to display. Neither can they be checked via the shared view.

If you think it should be different I'd recommend you issue a feedback from within the application or open a support ticket.

Thanks for your answer! But... this morning the checklist was exported as it appears on the desktop (as a real checklist), and when it was later converted to bullet points, I thought I had messed up something with the formatting.

I also don't think that displaying a checkbox in HTML is technically complicated ;) 

• Evernote Expert

Possibly not. But in the note it is made more complicated by the checked/unchecked status which can change frequently. WHatever, it is the way it is. If you want advocate for change then you have the feedback/tech support option.

• Like 1

To continue on this topic.

If I enter a checklist on IOS device, when viewed on the Windows desktop app, it is bulleted list! 

If I create a checklist on Windows app, it shows up as checklist on IOS, but as soon as I edit on IOS, all the checkboxes are converted to bullets when viewed on Windows.

I think that's a bug!