Changing security settings requires web login and device deactivation

Hello,

When attempting to change password or enable/disable MFA from within the Evernote app, I am directed to the web for login for this activity. Not a problem except I use the app on my laptop and on my phone and do so with a free account. Only two devices allowed to sync. After I'm directed to the web to change my security settings, I must deactivate a device (my laptop or phone) in order to complete this since the web (browser) counts as a device.

This used to just be a PITA, but I see that there is a countdown as to how many times that I can do this (deactivate a device). Not sure, maybe it was always there, but either way... if we can't change our security settings in the mobile or desktop apps, then there should not be a need to deactivate a device in order to do it via web. 

Suggestions:

1. Don't give us access to our notes when redirected to the web for settings not available in the apps.

2. Provide access to these settings in the apps

I look forward to your response for this issue. It is an issue.

Thanks, -Brian

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're talking to other users here so you might want to direct this to @EvernoteHelps (via Twitter).  Sadly the free apps are very restrictive - given that you get free web storage and most of the subscriber-features,  it's designed that way.  I wouldn't think Evernote will be very receptive - changing your login details is not usually an urgent or a frequent task,  and switching to the web could presumably be left until the counter resets.

• Like 1