Deleted checkmark moves to next item

Hi,

Evernote seems to be very fond of checkmarks and won't let them go easily. 🙂 If I delete an item with a checkmark from a checklist and the next item isn't checked, it will be checked after deleting the first item.

Example before deleting Item 1:

V  Item 1
   Item 2

Situation after deleting Item 1:

V  Item 2

Item 1 is deleted as expected but Evernote really wants to keep that nice checkmark and "moves" it to the next item.

I'm using the latest Windows version as of today.

Willy

Oups - really annoying 😉

Seems to be a problem of positioning the cursor. If you position it at the end of the line justs before "Item 1" and the delete the line , your checked checkmark is removed whereas the unchecked (of Item 2) remains unchecked.

But you cannot place the cursor just before the checkmark () in front of the line you want to delete 😞

If You use the checkmarks with the cross inside (), it is possible to place the cursor just before the mark and all goes as intended...

Thanks for your comments, AlbertR.

There isn't really any cursor positioning involved. I just select the whole line with the mouse like I would do in Word or in a text editor and when I then press Delete the whole line is indeed deleted as you would expect. Except for the checkmark which is lovingly preserved and donated to the the next item in the list.

As far as I can see this is a bug.

Yes, buggy. I added the following description to my personal list of missing features in EN10:

Checkmark handling is annoying
  • EN10 uses two different modes for checkmarks:
    • (Checklistin front of lines
      • default, inserted by CTRL-SHIFT-C
        • anywhere in text
      • or by typing "[]" or "[x]" (without surrounding quotes)
        • at the beginning of a line
    • (Checkbox) anywhere within text
      • inserted by round icon with "+" -> "Checkbox"
      • or by typing "[]" or "[x]" (without surrounding quotes)
        • ... not at the beginning of a line
  • Legacy supports only Checkboxes (but shown as  in Legacy 😉)
    • ... which was completely enough for me...

• Problems in EN10:
    • Older bulleted lists with checkboxes are changed to new checklists without bullets
    • CTRL-SHIFT-C should work like [] and [x]: at beginning of a line, insert a checklist - within text, insert a checkbox
    • If you delete a line of a checklist (), checklist-sign and its state remains unchanged but belongs to next line! (see also...)
      • ... this is because you cannot place the text cursor just in front of a checklist line