Latest Evernote Update PDF issues

Since the latest Windows update (on Windows 11) pdfs are not rendering in notes. They simply fail to open and fail to display. This has only happened with new ones created recently. It seems that ones created prior to the update are still ok. What's more is that I cannot drag and drop a pdf into a note anymore either. 

Please fix this vital issue ASAP!!!!

Screenshot 2023-02-18 134041.png

• Evernote Expert
43 minutes ago, mjfinz said:

What's more is that I cannot drag and drop a pdf into a note anymore either. 

Is this a Teams account? You've posted in the Teams forums. If so, contact your Teams account contact.

In general, this isn't an issue widely. PDFs render and are created seemlessly for me.

I'd suggest you fully uninstall and reinstall. Use an uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller as the standard Windows uninstall leaves left over data.

8 hours ago, mjfinz said:

Since the latest Windows update (on Windows 11) pdfs are not rendering in notes. They simply fail to open and fail to display. This has only happened with new ones created recently. It seems that ones created prior to the update are still ok. What's more is that I cannot drag and drop a pdf into a note anymore either. 

Please fix this vital issue ASAP!!!!

Are you sure this is a problem with Evernote? Can you open the PDFs in question in a PDF viewer application? I wonder if there is some corruption with the PDF files.

I can recreate the "Couldn't display this PDF file" on MacOS: I create a text file and then rename it from whatup.txt to whatup.pdf. And then I attach it to an Evernote document and it shows this because it's not a valid PDF file:

image.png.797ae7eed486976f5b669344a5e5d329.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It is for a former Premium, now "downgraded automatically" regular personal account...

I didn't realize that this wasn't support. Thanks for letting me know.

I was able to fix the issue by quitting the application, logging out, restarting the computer, and then logging back in. I really appreciate all of the feedback.

• Level 5

Just to mention: The former Premium had less features than todays Personal. Those on a grandfathered (because rebated) old Premium plan know about this, their plans didn’t upgrade when the new features were introduced. They still have old Premium, and nothing more.

Talking about Personal as a downgrade compared to old Premium is misleading. The only downgrade may have struck the personal ego of some users, because there was the new Professional plan introduced on top of Personal. Even more added features, but for an additional price.

Who feels diminished by having another subscription layer above, can always upgrade further. But it is not necessary to keep access to any single feature that had been on old Premium and is now on Personal.