Evernote not printing after latest update

Go to solution Solved by DeannaL,

Is anyone else having the issue of Evernote not printing after the latest update? I am on version:

10.53.2-win-ddl-public (3935)
Editor: v165.2.20482
Service: v1.65.0
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

And it just keeps spooling and spooling, then I get a message pop-up to relaunch Evernote.

I've also tried printing to a PDF and that is not working either.

Image below for error that I am getting. 

image.jpeg.2682920e07738da2a5a534a318be9170.jpeg

Any help or insights would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Level 5

I'm on the same version, and I'm not seeing this. Something may have gone wrong with the update. If you haven't yet, try just rebooting the computer. If that doesn't fix it, try uninstalling Evernote and reinstalling. That will require a little time to rebuild your notes database.

I've rebooted my computer and I've also tried downgrading to a previous version, but that does not seem to be helping either. I'm wondering if it's an issue with my version of windows? I've recently updated to the latest version of Windows.

Ah, no. I didn't realise that was an option. I've always just printed directly to my printer. It's a bit annoying though, since that's going to be a 2-step process just to print a copy of the note. But yes, export to PDF seems to work fine. Thank you for the tip. I'll do that for now.

• Like 1
  • Solution

Turns out it's note specific, and it was because of the embedded YouTube link in the note that was showing up as a preview based on my default note settings. I deleted the YouTube link and that specific note which refused to print could print with no problem. And after I changed my default YouTube link format to just text, it's fine. The print function does not like the YouTube link as a preview thumbnail.

Thank you for everyone who tried to help.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Mac Evernote doesn't print.

Goes through the motions every time.

Any note. Just text.

Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

No other printing issues with other apps.

Evernote:

10.68.3-mac-ddl-public (20231218124244)
Editor: v176.42.0
Service: v1.83.1
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

image.thumb.png.cff3708a01ab3fc12a6ac115296065a8.png