It is a bit weird and I want to understand how come it works that way.

I like before the beginning of the workday, to manage my previous day notes: move them to the appropriate notebook, title them in a better way, tag them. Soft work that I do on my Android client (Samsung S6 tablet).

Changing a title is really fascinating. You type the new title, then you have to look at Evernote working on a pace that reminds 1993. The preivous title reappear, then slowly it changes, one character at a time, in slow motion. And if you dare change something else in the note while this very slow process occurs, you may end up with 5, 6 copies of the note, each one a step towards the final version.

What is this? What is my client doing actually? Can I help the process because it looks painful! 

• Evernote Expert

It does sound painful. I don't run the Evernote app on a tablet. I prefer the web browser interface on my tablet which runs Android 9 so would not support the new Evernote app.

Checking my phone using the app, I can delete a note title and type in something new without any issue. It updates at my typing speed.

This feels like a conflict between your Android keyboard and the Evernote app.  What about trying Evernote in a browser window to see how that does?

When you open evernote.com in the browser be sure to set it display the desktop version otherwise you will likely see error messages.

The web browser seems to resolve a number of challenges on tablets with the Evernote app. YMMV

• 2 weeks later...