Can't send pdfs to evernote any more--since this morning

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

ScanSnap to Cloud was working perfectly yesterday. Today, I consistently get the error message that the pdf can't be displayed. First, I tried turning off scan to evernote and sending scans to a local folder and from there to evernote: No joy. I get only a title with the file name and a blank screen. I've tried rebooting everything, from the scanner to evernote to the laptop itself.

I then tried scanning from my HP printer/scanner and then sending the scan to evernote from my laptop and at first it looks like it was working but then I get an Unable to upload popup, stating "one or more attachments could not be uploaded. A copy has been saved to your local file system." So it is not the ScanSnap that is the problem. Which is not surprising, as Evernote has been acting weird for a couple of days.

This is a critical issue as I desperately need to scan massive amounts of material for a project in the coming weeks. Any assistance would be appreciated.

One of the weird things Evernote is doing is that the Check for Updates option does not work. I get a blank screen. If I click on release notes for the current version (10.52.8), it tells me I can't fetch them. It lags. It freezes. It doesn't want to load in the mornings. Ugh.

AARRGGHH!! I just discovered it also won't open images I've saved via the phone app. What the heck is going on here?

Edited by docwood
left out a step; discovered a new, related problem
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

I noticed recently that import folder to Evernote imports generate a weird response for a while - "unknown file type" and such... but after a while they sort themselves out and everything is copacetic.  Import / scan everything,  but save the originals.  Give it an hour or so and then check whether everything is working.  You should find it's OK. 

• Like 1

@gazumped seems to have nailed it. Everything mysteriously started working again just fine, completely unrelated to anything I had done or not done. Thank you! I am now being very cautions: Nothing goes into the shredder or the recycling bin until I've seen with my own eyes that it made it to Evernote!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The Import Folders have no auto delete function. It does no harm to let all docs in there after the import, and only empty the folder every fortnight or so.

Used like that it works like a backup for the Import Folder function. Since I use the import folder, I had a setback of the Import Folder (I think usually related to an update of the app) two or three times. Reconnecting worked fine, but I was happy I still had the files I wanted to import.