Notes lisr - Full width

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

• Evernote Expert

This is, I think, designed to emulate the layout of the earlier versions of Evernote. The columns view has only minimal adjustment to the sidebar. The middle notes summary column can be dragged a little bit not full width and not hiding the right note view.

Just to observe that this isn't an issue with the Android app where this thread is posted. This relates to the desktop and web view.

• Evernote Expert

Ummm... Which version of the app do you have? Your screenshot looks nothing like anything in my Android app but exactly like my Windows app.

Nonetheless, if that's what you have, there is no means of changing. However my Android app shows no sidebar and just the note list as you feel would be more useful.

20 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Ummm... Which version of the app do you have? Your screenshot looks nothing like anything in my Android app but exactly like my Windows app.

Nonetheless, if that's what you have, there is no means of changing. However my Android app shows no sidebar and just the note list as you feel would be more useful.

Evernote 10.47 (1128774).

Is there a different version out there in Android? I'd be veryt interested because this one is very buggy!

The Windows version has turned out quite well. Android? Not so much.

Is it a super large Android phone or maybe mini tablet? Your screenshot is how Evernote looks on my iPad and not on my iPhone except my iPad is 11 in. / 28 cm. and so I have a bit more room and so 'Column 1' is a little more helpful there. On my 6 in. / 15 cm. iPhone the 'Column 1' takes up the whole width of the screen.

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, fredhammersmith said:

Evernote 10.47 (1128774).

Is there a different version out there in Android? I'd be veryt interested because this one is very buggy

I have the same version as you but my device screens look like this... I'm quite content with the performance of 10.47 but Android is not my main device.

As you can see, my now snippets appear in their own view...

Screenshot_2023-02-11-08-41-20-79_8ccd364c752df521fe39ba6a80db379d.thumb.jpg.aed6428cde5a3b5a686bff142184b269.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-11-08-41-43-24_8ccd364c752df521fe39ba6a80db379d.thumb.jpg.72b64f93cffde71cde732cac344c588b.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-11-08-42-34-04_8ccd364c752df521fe39ba6a80db379d.thumb.jpg.f79b2fcb08b444819dfdf0d3c7887b32.jpg

• Evernote Expert
16 minutes ago, fredhammersmith said:

So this 2nd image of yours represent your full screen? This is exactly what I am looking for! Note list, full width. How come I can't have this layout on my Android device? What option/icon am I missing? 

Yes, that is exactly what it looks like for me. As others ask, please tell us about your device.

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The device specs play no role. You can enlarge the note area and shrink the left column, but the middle column (when showing) has its own, unchangeable width. There is no full screen option.

This is unfortunate I think. A faulty design, despite being nice to look at. Easier to scroll through notes on my phone than my tablet.