How do I recover notes that haven't synchonized?

Hi,

From home in France, I worked on my free Evernote account locally on my PC on February 5th and made a lot of edits to my notes.

On February 10, I opened Evernote on the web from Spain. All the changes I made on February 5 in France were not synchronized. Usually, the synchronization is done correctly. How do I retrieve my changes from the 5th?

Thank you for your help.

Florence

• Level 5

I assume your PC is still in France, and you use another device in Spain.

Usually on the desktop clients unsynced changes remain on the computer until synced. Just don’t log out of your client.

Since there is no hint why the sync was interrupted, it is hard to tell now how to make it going again. Can be a Firewall issue, a local network problem, whatever.

Once you are back at your PC, you should try to find the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Another thought: Maybe take the computer offline first before you open the EN app. Then first check that your changes are still there.

Then select the notes, and export them to an ENEX file. This will create a local copy.

Then take the PC online and see if it syncs. If it does, check if the changes are synced to the server. If any of these notes were touched while you traveled, it could happen that it will sync from the server to the PC, overwriting something. Or a note conflict can be signaled.

Once you are sure everything is back to normal, you can delete the ENEX file.

If not, the ENEX-file is a safety parachute. You can always import the notes from there again - actually this creates copies, that will be synced again.

Bonjour éléphant rose,
Ca y est, je suis revenue en France. J’ai allumé mon ordinateur sans me connecter à Evernote. Puis je suis allée sur chacune de mes notes que j’avais modifiées avant mon départ (étoile bleue). Puis j’ai synchronisé et connecter mon ordinateur. C’est Ok, j’ai récupéré toutes mes anciennes notes. Merci à vous ! 🙏. Bonne journée . Florence

• Like 1