Android Error Clipping

wesyang

Idea

I have the latest version of Evernote running on Android 11. Whenever I try to use Share for a clip, a window opens with the notebook section flashing "Loading..." repeatedly forever. If I just press "Save" There's an exclamation mark and an "Error Clipping" message. This is a new device (Onyx Boox Air 2) and the clipping has never worked once. What should I do? 

• Like 1

9 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

Clipping on Android uses the OS share function. This is available to all applications. Can you share to other applications?

I don't know your device. Does it use a version of Android that had been adjusted for Onyx devices or is it a vanilla version?

• Evernote Expert

My guess is that this is an issue with the particular hardware and version of Android. 

You've tried everything I might suggest. You could open a support ticket assuming you pray a subscription.

• Evernote Expert
3 hours ago, Roiyson said:

Not sure why this is different for me but these APKs will install but won't run. I get asked for my email then nothing.

- and yes, I did uninstall V10 and reboot before installing

Are you responding to a different thread? Your comment doesn't seem to relate to the thread.

I am having this same problem on a new Google Pixel 7a. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Sharing works to other apps. The problem seems to be with retrieving the list of notebooks for the account. I'm running Android 13 and Evernote 10.55.1

• Like 1

I have had this problem ever since Evernote did their major revamp, with two different devices (Pixel 4a 5g, and Pixel 7 Pro), and numerous different versions of Android.  I can't clip on my phone to Evernote any more.  Very frustrating. It forced me to start using Google Keep instead.  I have kept Evernote around because I have so many notes in it, from being a long time user back to the early 2000's.