Link Notes within Tasks

The platform already has the ability to link to other notes but if a task is created, the text in that task item cannot be linked (to another note nor anything else). Can the text of a task be made linkable?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JaFu said:

The platform already has the ability to link to other notes but if a task is created, the text in that task item cannot be linked (to another note nor anything else). Can the text of a task be made linkable?

The tasks view encourages you to think of tasks as existing in their own right. They don't. They only exisit within notes. The tasks view pulls out all the tasks from the various notes in which they live.  If you don't actrively choose the note the task is placed in the default task note. This explains why you can't link directly to a task because you can't link directly to any other element of a note.

However there is no reason why you can't have one task in a note and link to that note.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, JaFu said:

I create tasks all the time with links in the task title that take me to another note.  I link to other EN Notes and to websites in the task title.  It's ugly, as you see the link location versus being able to modify the text of your choice (e.g. the word 'link') to be your link, but it works.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, lost_gweedo said:

I create tasks all the time with links in the task title that take me to another note.  I link to other EN Notes and to websites in the task title.  It's ugly, as you see the link location versus being able to modify the text of your choice (e.g. the word 'link') to be your link, but it works.

I read the original request as wanting to link directly to a task but you are reading it as being able to link from a task to a note. I wonder which of us is right. Perhaps @JaFucould clarify.

• Like 2
  • Ex Employees
19 hours ago, lost_gweedo said:

It's ugly, as you see the link location versus being able to modify the text of your choice (e.g. the word 'link') to be your link, but it works.

We've definitely looked into allowing you to link text in a title and it's something we want to do along with overall text formatting in titles. Some changes we are working on now might allow for this in the future, so we may revisit tackling this.

• Like 3

Just wanted to chime in on how important this would be for me as well.  Tasks are my lifeline, I use the Professional version.  What is odd is that in Mobile you seemingly have the ability to do this at least from iOS (screenshot below) but I can find no such functionality in the desktop version, which I use extensively daily.

tasks.jpeg