Contacting customer support / complaints

Hello,

I have been trying to contact customer support since mid Nov 22.

My evernote has always been useless and despite few technical support contacts it always lost important notes, didn't work etc so I gave up with intention if allowing already paid for 1yr subscription cease.

Evernote then took further year subscription (without my consent & despite having opted out of auto-renewal). I havnt used app for least 6 months of my year subscription as was now they'll charging me again.

I've contacted them several times for refund but zero reply.

To have an app then doesn't work then charge (reasonably) high fees with no customer service. I have few friends who tried app too and gave up using it for similar problems 

• Level 5

You have my sympathies, but these forums are mainly user-to-user, though Evernote staff may look in at unpredictable moments. When you contacted Evernote, did you do it through https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new? That should get you to someone who could process a refund, or at least keep it from auto-renewing. Or have you tried just deleting your account, after exporting any useful notes? 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@Mel v You say you reached support, and they would not have answered.

Whenever you have reached support, you will receive an email at the address in your account settings, confirming that the ticket was received, and stating the ticket number

All further communication must be flagged with this number in the mail title - mails without this key will not reach the support staff.

If you have such a number, you can send it to us, and we flag it to EN staff.

If you don’t have such a number, your communication never reached support.

• 3 months later...

How do I reach a supervisor? I'm a brand new user & thus far customer has not only been horrible (with the exception of one named Kevin) but it has cost me more money simply because they both failed to fully explain processes to me. This is a horrible 1st impression for me esp. as a new start up needing things to run as smooth as possible.

I was told basically that someone will get bk to me whenever, they don't even have an estimate. 

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, remnantcare said:

How do I reach a supervisor?

The Forums here are mainly supported by other users like me.  We don't have any special access to Evernote.  You can raise a support ticket if you are a subscriber,  or contact via Twitter if not - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps 

• Level 5
8 hours ago, remnantcare said:

How do I reach a supervisor? I'm a brand new user & thus far customer has not only been horrible (with the exception of one named Kevin) but it has cost me more money simply because they both failed to fully explain processes to me. This is a horrible 1st impression for me esp. as a new start up needing things to run as smooth as possible.

I was told basically that someone will get bk to me whenever, they don't even have an estimate. 

Welcome to the forums, and to Evernote. Sorry to hear you've run into such snags! You can ask a support worker to elevate your issue, which will get it up to the next level. If you don't mind, what is the problem you're seeking help with? It may (or may not) be something one of your fellow users here have encountered and gotten solved.

• Level 5

@remnantcare You can always go to the Help&Learning page, and login there.

You can then view the status of every ticket. If you scroll down, you can either directly add something to the ticket (Open and recently closed), or you can create a follow-up ticket using the link at the bottom of your ticket thread:

image.thumb.png.83d1b46b2344039e03e3e54780e79393.png

Thank you all for your help. At this point I've experienced false advertising, horrible business practices, & lose of data all while holding the hand of one hired & trained by Evernote in order to be a reliable representative of the company. I was told multie times one thing, I was told to cancel in order to achieve needing to go to monthly briefly & back to what I had under annual only to follow those instructions & then be told after that unfortunately since I did what I was told to do that now I have to pay the higher rate. Nvrm the multiple screenshots of just about everything...I'm a brand new customer

I'm just going to file a formal complaints elsewhere. I'm frustrated with companies mishandling their customers, playing with & bending rules with no regard of the impact on the next. They hide behind chats & apparently some have supervisors & others don't. I was sooo excited that I'd found what seemed to be a solution for my new company &now I have to start all over. 

Still....Thank You All Again! 

• Level 5

Without knowing any details we can’t comment on what has happened. From what we can see here all this took place in May. This means that for new subscriptions the new prices already applied. If this ( or anything else) was not properly explained, they should’ve done better.

Wish you luck with your new business !

I have been trying to recieve help since May 1st when the free trial ended & my payment was due. Because Again....I'm new here. I reached out to understand my options & how it'd worked if I need to make a change. You all have mishandled me from day one with no accountability. It's almost a month later.

• Evernote Expert

@remnantcare Nobody in this conversation works for Evernote.  We are all fellow users trying to help you work out a way to resolve the experience you've had.

Your only route to dealing with Evernote is via a customer support ticket.  I realise that you have had a bad experience but to get your refund you will need to engage with the support guys.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Select the Account option and explain that you've been trying to get a refund.

• Evernote Expert

If that fails you could go to your credit card provider and ask for a charge back.  That will generally get your money back although you may well remain disatisfied.

Thank you both then for trying to assist. PinkElefant, your response read as if you were an evernote moderator, so again I apologize. For the better part of a month I have been polite & patient only to be offered dismissive responses. 

I'm sooo beyond disgusted at this point. 

Again, my apologies & thank you both for trying to assist. I've removed my response.  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

To tell the employed sheep from the ordinary sheep, just watch at the forum user badges: Those who carry a „Staff“ in the badge are exactly this. There used to be an „EN Alumni“ badge for former employees. 

All others are users, standing for their own opinions.