Difference between my old paid plan and current offerings?

As an early Evernote paying supporter, I keep getting badgered to switch plans (as an individual user).

I get that they would like more of my money, but I don't see the incentive to switch and pay more.

Don't misunderstand: I want Evernote to succeed. But why can't I just continue with my old paid plan, without being constantly harassed to upgrade? Are they preparing a surprise for me, a loyal, long-term, paying customer?

• Level 5

What plan  are you currently on? I take it that its features are what you need, and upgrading to one of the current plans wouldn't offer you enough added value for the cost. IMHO Evernote has been underpriced for a long time, and the need to increase prices and move people to current tiers has produced some understandable irritation. But even grandfathered plans may need to die sometime. (Is that why grandmother has that smile on her face?😁) Yet Evernote is not threatening to kill them off, only nagging people to upgrade/update. The nag is the price you pay in order not to have to pay a higher financial price. At least that's how I understand it.

@RobLewis To the point of your title question, see here https://evernote.com/compare-plans and here https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005157-Compare-Evernote-subscription-plans. I used to be on the Plus plan, I mainly upgraded because I wanted to be able to access the Version History, higher max size per note, and more Task functionality.

If you haven't seen it already (sounds like perhaps you haven't), the next time you are up for renewal you'll be notified of a price increase: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/9948811735827-FAQ-Pricing-changes-for-legacy-Plus-and-Premium-subscriptions-2022-

There are a few similar threads around in the forums with regards to that.

• Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, RobLewis said:

Last I checked I pay $35/year for unlimited storage without fancy options. Seems reasonable to me. I pay Apple the same amount for 200GB plus all the iCloud stuff.

Then I think you will discover an increase in price when you next renew. All the grand-fathered plans have had an incfease.

• Level 5
12 hours ago, RobLewis said:

Last I checked I pay $35/year for unlimited storage without fancy options. Seems reasonable to me. I pay Apple the same amount for 200GB plus all the iCloud stuff.

That's helpful to know. If all you need is online storage, and none of the "fancy options" involved in creating notes that are more than labels for attachments, then $35 does seem reasonable. For those who use Evernote primarily to make notes, IMHO it was under-priced even when it was set at that level some years ago.

I currently have the legacy plus plan which I really like.  Looking at the new "personal" plan it doesn't add anything I want or need.  I just need a basic note taking software.  My issue I am having is their intrusive ads.  I have to see the 50% off logo no matter what.  It's really distracting.  

I looked at their 79.99 a year pricing for personal and it's 10.00 more a year than one note except with one note I also get excel, word, powerpoint, etc.  While I agree 35.00 is an excellent price, 79.99 seems a little steep for me (yes I know the legacy plan is going to to up this year but it seems like it's still at a reasonable price last time I checked).

I'll be honest i'm at a wait and see if they remove the annoying ads before I decide what to do with my renewal.

• Level 5

You are on a plan long discontinued. The usual approach after such a change would be to honor it while the current subscription is running. After that it usually is „up or out“.

EN is still renewing grandfathered plans - no idea why, they may have their reasons.

I am against this nagging of subscribers. But for those on the grandfathered plans it may still be the better option, than an ultimative „up or out“ message.