Update wiped my evernote from my PC

Go to solution Solved by alanh999,

Yesterday I was using evernote, there was a message in the left hand panel saying an update was installed, click to restart.  I did, now I've lost evernote completely.

There is a file  C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\evernote-client-updater\pending\Evernote-10.52.8-win-ddl-ga-3911-111c1a8a34-setup.exe dated yesterday - but I see on the website the latest version is 10.51.7 - what the heck has happened here?  any clues?

• Level 5*

Hi.  No clue.  Mostly users here,  not Support.  Usual case of 'losing' notes is accidentally logging on with the wrong details and creating a new account (if you can open the app at all...).  Your notes should all be synced to the server though,  so try signing on to Evernote.com and maybe use the 'forgot password' option if you don't see your notes?  And 10.52 is the latest update for Windows,  the download link is on the website... https://cdn1.evernote.com/boron/win/builds/Evernote-10.52.8-win-ddl-ga-3911-111c1a8a34-setup.exe

• Level 5*

Glad you got it back.  Updates do fail from time to time - probably just to make sure we're still paying attention.  My VPN updated recently and I'm still getting weird connections on my laptop...