Update speed/frequency 10.52.8 Evernote Personal

Has anyone else noticed a significant uptick in the speed/frequency of synchronisation?

I have a shortcut to show untagged notes. Historically, I have been able to add as many tags as I like to a note listed in the No Tags view.

Now (since latest update to 10.52.8) I can't add a second tag because it is removed from the list before I get to add the second tag.

Feels nice to say something positive about the performance of Evernote - even if it is causing me a minor pain. 🙂

Longterm, fairly heavy user of Evernote with more than 75,000 notes!

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, JohnY. said:

Has anyone else noticed a significant uptick in the speed/frequency of synchronisation?

I agree. Search results for tags are now changing almost instantaneously as you add or remove tags. Back to legacy version performance!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I agree. Search results for tags are now changing almost instantaneously as you add or remove tags. Back to legacy version performance!

Doesn't it feel nice when something changes for the better - can't honestly remember the last time I felt like complimenting the Evernote team.

I use it a lot and feel like I have been 'putting up' with many things. There is a ton to be pleased with in Evernote but this feels like a step forward. Like you say back to a performance level we used to have.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Just a suggestion in case you aren't already - when you locate untagged notes,  the first tag you should add should be <WIP> or some such;  then do a second search for tag:WIP and multi-tag away.  Also:  Filterize can ID untagged notes as they are created and could auto-tag them with <WIP> (or whatever) saving you the initial search...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Just a suggestion in case you aren't already - when you locate untagged notes,  the first tag you should add should be <WIP> or some such;  then do a second search for tag:WIP and multi-tag away.

I was trying to remember how I used to do this and you have jogged my memory. You can actually combine the searches to search for either no tags or the tag wip. This works fo rme:

any: -tag:* tag:wip

So the work flow is

1. Do the search
  2. Add the wip tag which won't change the view
  3. Add the proper tags which again won't change the view as the wip tag is still there
  4. Rewmove the wip tag and the note disappears from the view
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Mike P said:

I was trying to remember how I used to do this and you have jogged my memory. You can actually combine the searches to search for either no tags or the tag wip. This works fo rme:

any: -tag:* tag:wip

So the work flow is

1. Do the search
  2. Add the wip tag which won't change the view
  3. Add the proper tags which again won't change the view as the wip tag is still there
  4. Rewmove the wip tag and the note disappears from the view

why doesn't -tag:* return all the notes without tags?

1 hour ago, eric99 said:

why doesn't -tag:* return all the notes without tags?

It does. But if you then want to add a few tags to the note, as soon as you add one the note disappears from the search results because it now has a tag.