PDFs appear to save as notes but PDFs disappear

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I'm running Evernote 10.51.7 on Windows 11.

I also access across iOS v16

I have noticed an on/off issue over the years where PDFs appear to save in Evernote but eventually turn into blank notes however it seems to have gotten much worse of late.

My typical process is to drag and drop PDFs directly into a into a Notebook on Evernote desktop. Sometimes I will rename the note so it's a bit clearer than the PDF name. 

I always check to make sure the PDF properly renders in Evernote.

Please advise on what I may be doing wrong. Very long time Evernote paid user however cannot use a system if it's not going to reliably capture my notes. I suspect this is a sync issue between several devices and Evernote reverts to the wrong device as the latest but can't confirm.

Thanks in any case.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
11 hours ago, 0311Hokie said:

Please advise on what I may be doing wrong.

Hi.  No clue.  We're mostly users here,  not Support.  I'd recommend you reach out to them and be prepared to share your system logs / notes where this issue has arisen.  I'm also a long-time user and don't seem to have any problems,  and you're reporting an intermittent fault that may be hard to pin down.   Notes, and note contents don't typically go missing - and syncing 'between devices' won't be an issue:  each device syncs with the server in a 'star' pattern.  Having said which,  editing one note on more than one device could overwrite one version of a note with another if the first device doesn;t havetime to update the central server record. 

Have you used Note History to check back to see whether notes with a missing PDF actually had that file at some time in the recent past?

Use note history to view older versions of a note

Thanks! Upon further investigation, think may be a firewall issue on my work computer with the desktop app. I have no issues if I use the web app.

Annoying but will just have to remember that going forward. Thanks for your help.

• Like 1