Had "Free" version on my Android, but now can't use it

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I had the "free" version of Evernote on my Android (Google Pixel 6A), and now every time I try to get in, it asks me if I want to start "Evernote Personal" (which I don't). BUT it won't let me do anything else! I just want to use it to make To-Do Lists for myself (only on the phone). I think I may have unsync'd myself and I just want to know how to fix this or if I can start over from scratch? THANKS!

• Level 5
15 hours ago, DelAnders said:

I just want to use it to make To-Do Lists for myself (only on the phone).

Welcome to the forums. If that's all you really want to do, then honestly Evernote may be more than you need. One of its chief virtues is its ability to sync so that your notes are available on multiple devices running different operating systems. Just to have to-do lists on your phone, there are all kinds of apps on Google Play. Many of them also want to sync your notes to cloud storage, but you don't have to if  you don't want to. I like Color Note, which has decent to-do list facilities, and lets you color-code notes for various purposes.

• Like 1
On 1/17/2023 at 7:02 PM, DelAnders said:

I had the "free" version of Evernote on my Android (Google Pixel 6A), and now every time I try to get in, it asks me if I want to start "Evernote Personal" (which I don't). BUT it won't let me do anything else! I just want to use it to make To-Do Lists for myself (only on the phone). I think I may have unsync'd myself and I just want to know how to fix this or if I can start over from scratch? THANKS!

11 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Sounds like you have connected using a new device (or at least one that Evernote doesn't recognise) and so have fallen foul of the Device Limit.  See the help pages for more information... Understanding the device limit 

If I added a new device, it was definitely by accident. should I just re-install? I'll go look at Help now, thanks

11 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Welcome to the forums. If that's all you really want to do, then honestly Evernote may be more than you need. One of its chief virtues is its ability to sync so that your notes are available on multiple devices running different operating systems. Just to have to-do lists on your phone, there are all kinds of apps on Google Play. Many of them also want to sync your notes to cloud storage, but you don't have to if  you don't want to. I like Color Note, which has decent to-do list facilities, and lets you color-code notes for various purposes.

I'll try out Color Note, thanks! is it secure???